Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Dreaming about Spring!
« on: 05/12/2016 at 17:39 »
A nippy morning today ...... the Landy battery doesn't like it and won't start :X1

So I'm dreaming about Spring :cool:
I spent many enjoyable hours with the camera at Haddo.

Bonny wee fellas ..... but boy did they make a mess  :z4

They grew really fast  :cool:

....... and had very good parents ( unlike ducks ) the majority of these always survived  :cool:

Jim Eddie

Re: Dreaming about Spring!
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/2016 at 18:43 »
A few months yet before thoughts turn to Spring  Mike  :z4

:z18

Jim

John Powell

« Reply #2 on: 06/12/2016 at 14:33 »
A nippy morning today ...... the Landy battery doesn't like it and won't start.................

when I spent one winter in Winnipeg it was usually way below ZERO for months on end

I bought a 'thermal battery warmer'
(sorta like a heated blanket you use in a bed)
wrapped around the battery and plugged in all night.....= no problem

we also replaced a frost plug in the block, with a wee immersion heater = warm rad and warm oil = easy start

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 06/12/2016 at 14:43 »
Don't think we quite reach the extremes of Winnipeg John ..... I think mine was just getting towards the end of it's 'useful life'.

Haven't been to Canada, another box to tick :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 06/12/2016 at 15:39 »
Battery replaced ....... good to go again :X4

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 06/12/2016 at 15:52 »
we also replaced a frost plug in the block, with a wee immersion heater = warm rad and warm oil = easy start

20+ years ago I had a 3 door 3.5 V8 Range Rover that had been fitted with such a system from Kenlowe - oddly enough it was that Range Rover or my Fiat Panda 4x4 (which always started ands much cheaper to fix than the Range Rover) which we relied on in darkest Donside come the winter; my old mans Range Rover would never start once it got to -5 nor would his VW Passat. It did tend to be a tad brisker up there than other parts of the 'shire.....

Miss that Range Rover, worth a bloody fortune now.......

H

Peter Davidson

« Reply #6 on: 06/12/2016 at 21:30 »
Don't you mean it would have cost you a bloody fortune by now Hamish? Saab - I've started mine at -35C in the Norwegian Arctic at 0700 on an early March morning. Took a lot longer to get me started!!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com