Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

I give in!!!
« on: 14/11/2007 at 19:19 »
So I was out for a wee cast today (bad back 'n all  :roll ) and finally decided that I've had enough of Orvis fly lines....... I've persisted with Orvis Wonderline WF4 floater but it just would not 'uncoil'. I tried every trick I know (several  :! ) to get the bugger to straighten out and stop retrieving my flies for me....... to no avail.

So, thanks to Mike, I have a nice shiny new Barrio Mallard to replace it  :z18 

But anyway - has anyone else had 'issues' with the Wonderline range  :? It's a shame as I like a lot of Orvis tackle but the Wonderline has been consigned to the bin in disgrace  :mad It was reminicent of old Airflo problems  :z10

Re: I give in!!!
« Reply #1 on: 14/11/2007 at 19:26 »
hi hamish its keithj here can i ask what line you are using as i work for Orvis, yes some line do have memory, but i can say that other companys lines have worse memory, if you have puchased this recently from orvis then return it to orvis and they will be happy to sought it out.
regards keith

« Reply #2 on: 14/11/2007 at 19:40 »
hi hamish
the wonderline you have is it the old genaration or the gen 3 and i doubt if any thing can beat the memory/clock spring of airflow boing boing boing.
regards keith

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 14/11/2007 at 21:55 »
Older generation, pre-Gen3 line. On the plus side it came FOC with a reel  :wink

There is an Orvis shop just down the road (relatively speakng) from me, I may well take it back there.

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 17/11/2007 at 07:47 »
I decided the bin was the wrong place for the line...... but too late  :shock The good lady wife had already binned the contents of the bin (if you follow me.......) I wonder if I would have managed to blag a replacement anyway  :? Guess I'll never know now  :z7

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com