Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Good Morning ...........
« on: 17/11/2016 at 10:01 »

Mike Barrio

Re: Good Morning ...........
« Reply #1 on: 17/11/2016 at 11:26 »
Morning folks

Thursday: the garden is covered in leaves that need sweeping and the winter blues are starting to set in, the new season seems oh so far away!

I have a few orders to process, so the packaging up and trips to the Post Office will keep me amused, but my mind is already drifting to the river .........

I have a confession ..... I bought a cracking new vice last year and I haven't even tried it yet :shock  I don't think it'll be long before it is on the table in front of me :cool:

Cheers for now :z16
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 18/11/2016 at 09:28 »
Morning folks

Nippy out there this morning, time to get the kettle on methinks :z3

Couple of niggles to sort on the Landy today, I appear to have lost my reversing lights and the gear lever is getting a tad stiff ..... I guess I'm going to have to get my hands dirty :z4

Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 18/11/2016 at 19:21 »
Couple of niggles to sort on the Landy today, I appear to have lost my reversing lights and the gear lever is getting a tad stiff ..... I guess I'm going to have to get my hands dirty :z4

I have endured the joy of frozen gear change cables in Aberdeenshire..... might be that they're in need of either a damn good greasing or changing out  :z17 Very amusing running the car to thaw out the gear change assembly and not the car  :roll

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 18/11/2016 at 19:56 »
Had a play for a while Hamish and then ended up paying somebody else to get their hands dirty  :oops  :oops  :oops

Couple of seized linkages replaced and a reverse light switch ....... all good now :X4

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 19/11/2016 at 09:48 »
Morning folks

Nippy again this morning ....... I did a bit of work on a new page for Millbuies Trout Fishery last night, so once I've got my parcels done I'll do a few more tweaks to the page and upload it to the website.

Anybody heading out fishing this weekend? Grayling, pike, rainbows or some saltwater fun maybe?

Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 19/11/2016 at 20:18 »
Anybody heading out fishing this weekend? Grayling, pike, rainbows or some saltwater fun maybe?
Sadly I have work, today would have been an interesting day to be out on the coast..... but I have to pay bills I guess  :X1

Liam Stephen

« Reply #7 on: 19/11/2016 at 20:43 »
Grayling for me Mike.  :z16

It was a long drive, very cold but I was in good company and  it was worth it. My first proper Scottish Grayling (first ever actually), I had a few of 3" last month. Chuffed to bits with it, not a biggie but it was pretty. The pic turned out great as well.

Hopefully the first of many in the coming months.

:z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 19/11/2016 at 23:27 »
Great stuff Liam .......... nice one :z16

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 20/11/2016 at 10:26 »
Morning folks

Nippy one again, I'm guessing there will start to be a bit of ice on the shallower lakes, it used to take three days of frost at Haddo.

Nice wee video for a Sunday morning - "Danny MacAskill’s Wee Day Out" from Red Bull :cool:

Cheers for now
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 12/12/2016 at 09:58 »
Morning folks

Just a wee note to let you know that if you are thinking of 'polishing up' your casting and fly fishing techniques in 2017 - I added some Fly Fishing Tuition pages to the website at the weekend, featuring Will Shaw, Hamish Young and Ben Dixon :cool:
http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/fly-fishing-tuition-and-guiding-scotland.html

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 07/01/2017 at 10:23 »
Morning folks :z16

Am obviously spending too much time on the PC ...... and starting to get to grips with how all this stuff works :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 08/02/2017 at 15:36 »
Afternoon folks :z16

For those that are wondering, today's photo is Littlewood on the Don :wink

Cheers
Mike

Liam Stephen

« Reply #13 on: 08/02/2017 at 16:16 »
Ace looking stretch of water that Mike!  :z16

Colin Sunley

« Reply #14 on: 08/02/2017 at 19:15 »
Interesting beat pass it every week one for my bucket list however fishpal shows it as £42 all species per rod. Not sure the Don warrants these prices anymore considering the drop in salmon numbers year on year.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com