Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Raymond Tilmans

Hello from The Netherlands
« on: 16/11/2016 at 19:23 »
Hi everybody, a small introduction from this guy from Holland.

My name is Raymond and I'm born and live in the south of The Netherlands near the banks of the river Meuse which is here the border between The Netherlands and Belgium (Grensmaas in Dutch). I like to fish for barbel with the fly rod on this river and this is totally different than regular trout fishing for example. There's also big chub and asp and since a couple of years salmon and sea trout (both still not caught yet, unfortunately ;) ).

Further I like to fish for trout on the streams in Germany and Belgium. Also we have a small stream in our area called "Geul". A natural very beautiful trout stream. I only fish with the fly rod, sometimes with nymphs and streamers but first I love to fish dry flies.

I don't expect to discuss a lot however, in case I have something interesting or additional to show or to discuss, I will do of course.

For now, cheers and tight lines!!  :z18

Mike Barrio

Re: Hello from The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: 16/11/2016 at 20:00 »
Hi Raymond ....... Welcome to the forum :z16

That's a really nice Barbel, I used to fish for them in Spain many moons ago :)

Best wishes
Mike

Raymond Tilmans

« Reply #2 on: 16/11/2016 at 20:12 »
Thanks Mike. It's a nice one on this picture but not so big. My personal best is about 32 inch in lenght and there are bigger ones. So, we'll see next year.

Best wishes,
Ray

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 16/11/2016 at 20:25 »
It's nice to have a challenge to look forward to for next year ..... it helps to pass the winter :z16

Cheers
Mike

PS: looks like you got the photo in your signature instead of your post - I will edit it for you :

Liam Stephen

« Reply #4 on: 16/11/2016 at 20:36 »
Welcome Raymond  :z16

Awesome fish and nice reel!

:z18

Raymond Tilmans

« Reply #5 on: 17/11/2016 at 09:09 »
Thanks man! :D

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 17/11/2016 at 13:35 »
What sort of flies and tactics do you use to catch Barbel Raymond?

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com