Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Giving Something Back
« on: 08/11/2016 at 13:40 »
Have been getting more and more involved with the River Spey Anglers Association over the last couple of years with tying demos and this year helping out at the Youth Development trout days at the crackin Mill of Kellas troot fishery by Elgin.

Week last Sunday was the last one of the year and great weather made for another excellent day with plenty fish caught to a variety of methods and happy to say no blanks recorded.

Big thanks to the RSAA for the invite to help out and it's great to see so many enthusiastic young people keen to attend and enjoy the sport, hopefully many stick at it and make up our next generation.  For me it's also a way to help give something back to a sport i have loved and enjoyed for almost 38 years now and hope to have at least 38 more.

Liam Stephen

Re: Giving Something Back
« Reply #1 on: 08/11/2016 at 14:35 »
Sounds like a great thing Allan, I only wish something like that was available down here when I was starting out.

I fished Kellas for the first time in September and was pleasantly surprised.  Well maintained, the owner was very friendly and the fish were of excellent quality! I will be back next year for sure.

:z18

Bill Wood

Re: Giving Something Back
« Reply #2 on: 09/11/2016 at 14:39 »
 Any chance of this happening at Lochter??  im not a great fisher but would be willing to help.
Bill W

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com