Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: Orvis Banchory
« Reply #75 on: 17/10/2020 at 18:19 »
When I became aware of the imminent closure of the Banchory store it galvanised my decision making processes.

Last week I advised Orvis HQ that I would be leaving the Orvis Endorsed Guide (OEG) programme when the doors close at Banchory.

It's been fun on the whole being an OEG and I've seen some great gear come (and go :!) over the past 15 years or so, but I have other priorities these days - especially with a precocious 6 year old demanding I take him fishing more often... what have I created :? :! :z7 - so it's time to move on and the closure of the most northern store seems like the time to go.

I intend to be there on the last day the store is open, work and COVID permitting.

H

Nigel Passmore

« Reply #76 on: 19/10/2020 at 11:24 »
There was an exception during the Ben Dixon era in the Orvis shop and I believe the latest staff did try but orders from up on high are just that. They have just never really gone after the huge market that is the non salmon angler, or at least the non rich salmon angler.

Euan

Does anyone know what Ben is up to these days? I haven't seen him for years.

Regards

NHP

Mike Barrio

« Reply #77 on: 19/10/2020 at 11:54 »
Does anyone know what Ben is up to these days? I haven't seen him for years.

Regards
NHP
BT / Openreach white van man ....... still in Inverurie :z16

Nigel Passmore

« Reply #78 on: 19/10/2020 at 13:57 »
Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

NHP

Allan Liddle

« Reply #79 on: 20/10/2020 at 08:31 »
Really sad to hear this and i feel for the staff and good friend Scott.
It's always sad when a tackle shop closes.

Hamish Young

« Reply #80 on: 31/10/2020 at 07:28 »
31st October (as I type that's today :!) is the last day at Orvis Banchory folks.

I hear that the shelves are well-thinned, but may yet be worth a visit before the doors close for the last time :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #81 on: 06/11/2020 at 05:47 »

I had this photo sent through to me by Scott of the sun settling down behind the store which is now very firmly closed. Seemed like a fitting way to close off the thread.

H

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com