Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

Fedderate Reservoir
« on: October 31, 2016, 19:08:07 PM »
Weather was absolutely cracking for the end of October, the Mrs was otherwise engaged, so i headed out to my local reservoir. Very quiet place, very lightly fished, often you never meet another sole.

It has a couple of small feeder burns, although they are sadly neglected now the the waterboard sold it. Personally i would not stock it with bows, just improve the spawning for the Brownies, not my call though. That said it has some top quality Rainbows, always put up a decent fisght, lots of insect life and also minnows so plenty feeding.

Weather was to good actually, it was like a mill pond, it generally fishes best in a wind, did manage to winkle one out though

"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum