Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: Bug bond.... is it worth it?
« Reply #15 on: 28/10/2016 at 10:25 »
This what I've been using, and its great :z16
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-1mW-Blue-Purple-Beam-Laser-Lazer-Light-Pointer-Pen-High-Powerful-/131920663565?hash=item1eb715940d:g:p5EAAOSwYHxWIMBe

Absolutely marvellous bit of kit, has set a saltwater pattern in seconds this morning where the standard torch hasn't. I'm impressed  :z16
Thanks for the tip Sandy  :z12

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #16 on: 29/10/2016 at 08:19 »
Cheers H

Baz's tip though :z18 Pleased it works, I use mine a lot with baitfish patterns as you can hit spots when you are building to hold it all together until you are ready for the final coats.
Another tip with the laser pen, if the Bugbond starts to get a little sticky again, change the batteries in the pen :z4  took me a little while to figure that one out :X1

Sandy

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #17 on: 29/10/2016 at 09:45 »

Another tip with the laser pen, if the Bugbond starts to get a little sticky again, change the batteries in the pen :z4  took me a little while to figure that one out :X1

that's because light frequency changes as the electrical power output lowers. best is to have two sets of rechargable batteries. rechargables keep a higher/longer 'peak output' than throw aways. when that peak drops you just replace with the spare batteries.
 :z18

James Laraway

« Reply #18 on: 20/12/2016 at 09:29 »
in terms of using lazers to cure your resin  - i like the idea of something that works however im  little concerned about the safety aspect. Clearly looking into a laser will badly damange your eyes but how about reflected light from a laser, back of a flyhead or other reflective surface the lazer may inadvertantly point at ?

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #19 on: 20/12/2016 at 12:33 »
good point James, this however depends from person to person.
most have no issues whatsoever whereas for myself, i almost instantly get a very sharp pain in my right eye followed by a dull migraine from the reflected light.
high UV index outdoors glasses don't help and even my ophtalmologist doesn't understand it.
needless to say, i don't use UV resins anymore...  :cry

James Laraway

« Reply #20 on: 20/12/2016 at 14:05 »
thanks for that Marc, having read what you wrote i dont think i'll be buying a lazer, i'll stick to the torches !

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #21 on: 20/12/2016 at 14:43 »
actually, i meant any of the UV lights: torch, laser or manicure  light box.  i guess i have a hypersensitivy disorder... 😷

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com