Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Pete Bony

Hello from a new member.
« on: 08/10/2016 at 18:16 »
Hi all, just a short intro from a new member. I used to fly fish for stillwater trout a good few years ago but gave it up due to ill health. However things are fine now so I have decided to give the "fluff chucking" another go and have ordered a load of brand new tackle - I'll not say how much I have spent in case the wife reads this! :z4
Anyway when I was fly fishing earlier I used to tie all my own flies and would not fish with a fly that I hadn't tied myself. Much to my surprise I won 7 "Troutmaster" badges  and several prizes for fly tying .  My personal best was a 26 lb Rainbow caught at Masterline Lechlade and a 12 lb Brownie caught (And released) at Pennine Trout fishery.
At the moment I am waiting for the tackle and tying tools to arrive (Due around the beginning of next week) but on Monday hopefully I will be able to get out to Halifax and get hold of some Tying materials ready for when the tying tools arrive.
Hopefully the Fly Fishing will tie in well with my other main sports/hobbies which are Wildlife Photography and Shooting (Vermin Control and Deer Management) so that I can keep up with my exercise and fresh air.
Well that's about it except to say thanks for having me aboard and I hope to join in some chat with you all while I pick your brains and hopefully offer a couple of hints and tips myself.

Mike Barrio

Re: Hello from a new member.
« Reply #1 on: 08/10/2016 at 19:20 »
Hi Pete .... welcome to the forum :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 08/10/2016 at 19:22 »
Welcome to the forum

:z18

Jim

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 08/10/2016 at 20:41 »
Hi Pete :z16

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com