Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jon Ninham

Epic DH 11 for sale
« on: 28/09/2016 at 11:51 »
Sorry to be so cheeky as a new member but ...
I picked up an Epic DH11 blank in May this year (discounted – nice!) as a bit of a build experiment, and out of curiosity about double handed rods & casting.
Having taken it out to a river in Norfolk to test it (casting biggish flies for perch & chub) I realised that two-handed casting wasn’t suitable for the waters round here. If I were travelling up to the Borders a few times a year, as I used to do, then I’d have more use for it and would learn to cast it properly. As I can’t afford those trips anymore, thus the rod is likely to sit unused or rarely used.
Hence my decision now is to sell it on to someone who would get proper use out of it. It deserves a good home.

It’s a basic, functional build - not up to Sandy’s glorious standards – but I’ve used good quality parts.

The stripper and first guide from the butt are Fuji KW “tangle free” ones, with the rest being Snake Brand ECO.
The tip-top is a caged Pac Bay Minima 4 – my preference is for a bit of support to the tip on fly rods using heavier lines.
The reel seat is a Lemke LC25 in anodized blue-grey finish.
The grips – fore & aft – are standard cork with a bit of highlighting in EVA and a Duplon butt.
I’ll also throw in a good quality heavy canvas bag which is perfectly sized for it.
Thread is a Güdebrod jasper in black & white.

I’ve built a few glass rods now for other people (hobby) but I don’t make rods for profit (apart from the odd “reward” bottle of rich, dark red) so the price really just covers parts and my expenses.

£325 plus postage (usually around £12-£15)
I'll pop a picture in the gallery.

Thank you.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com