Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andrew Ellis

Re: Ceramic Nymphs
« Reply #15 on: 18/10/2016 at 16:13 »
Yes, sorry, I've only just seen these replies and had pinged Kerry a PM re the colouring and my SBS I'd popped up on 'another forum'.  Probably not 'tying' in the strictest sense, but they do work...

Colin Mckinnon

« Reply #16 on: 21/10/2016 at 23:26 »
I've always fancied fly tying g but keep putting it off after seeing some of the amazing g stuff the guys on this forum do.stunning work (my mum used to tie salmon flys at Sharps in Aberdeen so I'm hoping I'm a natural :-).but I'm thinking these would be a good place to start( and they look great) and get  the confidence up and give it a go.can someone e list the items in the first photo?. Few items I'm totally unfamiliar with . Many thanks in advance

Andrew Ellis

« Reply #17 on: 25/10/2016 at 22:25 »
If you're talking about the first Photo in my SBS....

Glass beads (I get mine from a local haberdashers and can let you have some if you PM me your address)

Sharpie markers (for colouring beads)

Bottle of Sally Hansen 'Hard as nails' varnish (from Boots/Superdrug/ A.N.other store)

Bottle of Bug Off resin (eBay is probably as good a source as any) but of course you can use another UV cure resin.

UV Torch

Bobbin holder and thread

Tungsten Beads

Hooks

Think that's everything....

Andrew

Colin Mckinnon

« Reply #18 on: 27/10/2016 at 19:02 »
Many thanks Andrew,

Sure all pretty standard stuff to many of the guys on the forum but all still a  bit of a mystery to me   :z8 :z4.
Look forward to sourcing the items and getting cracking over winter

Cheers

Colin   

Keith Fraser

« Reply #19 on: 24/01/2017 at 10:22 »
Hi I like bead flies you can get coloured beads I use a bloodworm which is just red beads on a buzzer hook.  The good thing about the coloured beads is you don't get runs when varnishing. This post got my creative juices flowing and I have tied a selection of buzzers for mainly rainbows as soon as I can figure out how to get photos from my phone to my computer I will try to post them.          Keith

Liam Stephen

« Reply #20 on: 24/01/2017 at 11:51 »
Hi I like bead flies you can get coloured beads I use a bloodworm which is just red beads on a buzzer hook.  The good thing about the coloured beads is you don't get runs when varnishing. This post got my creative juices flowing and I have tied a selection of buzzers for mainly rainbows as soon as I can figure out how to get photos from my phone to my computer I will try to post them.          Keith

Or you can just buy red hooks! Stick a bead on some and leave some without. Simple and deadly, thanks Sandy!  :wink

You should also be able to upload pics from your phone straight into your post.

:z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com