Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

I have been looking to downsize from 2 cars to one as running costs are starting to spiral now that all the free servicing has finished and MOTs are now required. It needed to be practical, with a large boot and good MPG due to my 60 miles commute each day.

So, my cunning plan was to look at second hand cars instead of going to Dobbies with Cass. She knows what I am like so decided to come with me, "just in case", which saved me at least £50 in Dobbies.  :z16

Unfortunately, I ended up buying a brand new car instead  :X1 :X2

Mike Barrio

A brand new car ..................... are you gonna give us a clue? :z4

Rob Brownfield

A brand new car ..................... are you gonna give us a clue? :z4

No clue..lol..just that I have sold my soul to the Devil and gone to the dark side!!

A 2016 model Audi A4 Avant S-Line :)

Mike Barrio

Just a pity you can't get a new Defender I guess :z4

Patrick Mcguigan

No clue..lol..just that I have sold my soul to the Devil and gone to the dark side!!

A 2016 model Audi A4 Avant S-Line :)

Great car.  Had one of these in 2.0 tdi a few years ago and loved it.  I will be having one again in the future for sure.

Rob Brownfield

Just a pity you can't get a new Defender I guess :z4

Despite loving defenders, you would have to have a screw loose to buy one of the final edition models.

In fact, anyone paying over about £15k for a Defender is mental :)

On the Land Rover website they even have a section called the buyers "toolbox"...which kinda made me giggle.

I am afraid the Defender lost its way a few years back and became an extremely expensive toy rather than a reasonable priced work horse.

Rob Brownfield

Great car.  Had one of these in 2.0 tdi a few years ago and loved it.  I will be having one again in the future for sure.

Some stunning deals on just now!!

The A4 came out cheaper that a Honda Civic Tourer and even a Hyundai i40 Estate!! Total of 20% discount on new (some of that was military but 14% off RRP straight away) and a cheap APR for finance and £2500 Audi contribution. :)

Never thought I would ever drive a brand new top spec Audi Avant :)

Hamish Young

Oh dear Rob.... just as I was beginning to think there was hope.....  :X1 https://www.facebook.com/ihateaudidrivers/

In fairness, I am also considering an Audi - albeit used. Very used  :X2

Rob Brownfield

Oh dear Rob.... just as I was beginning to think there was hope.....  :X1 https://www.facebook.com/ihateaudidrivers/

In fairness, I am also considering an Audi - albeit used. Very used  :X2

I know Hamish...the A4 was not even on my list, not even tagged on the bottom under "if there was nothing else in the world to buy"...and we only went in because the showroom is next to the Nissan showroom and Cass wanted a look at the Nissan GTR.

I have to say that once in the Audi and moving I was stunned at how quite and refined it is compared to the Volvo V60, the Merc CLS and the Honda I drove!

Derek Roxborough

Gave up my trusty Fiesta  and came home with a Sandero laureate  zero road tax and 70 mpg, so it will be my trusty fishing wagon but it's the wifes work car as well, easgach  1

Rob Brownfield

With 2k on the clock already all I can say is WOW!

I got out the car after a 12 hour epic drive up from Lowestoft that, due to the A1 being blocked, meant I ended up going over the Peak District to the M60, and I thought, "I am going for a wee drive on roads I know!". The car is lovely to drive and soooo comfortable.

As a fishing car (if you are not travelling down farm tracks) its going to be perfect. Despite heavy traffic, twisty, hilly roads and some motorway blasts, I still managed 57 mpg and then 63 mpg on the way to work this morning. I wanted something big and economical and I think I have found it :)

Oh, and the Sat Nav uses Google Earth which means you get to see rivers and lakes as you are driving, so I find myself stopping more..lol

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com