Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Nets ..... How's yours hanging?
« on: 26/08/2016 at 21:24 »
How are you keeping your nets out of the way, but handy?

Clips, magnets, I'm experimenting with everything again ........ I hate nets :z4  :z4  :z4

Jeff Donovan

Re: Nets ..... How's yours hanging?
« Reply #1 on: 27/08/2016 at 00:58 »
For my night-time ventures with a sea trout net, it's the "D" ring at the rear of my wading jacket & the integrated clip on the net, very useable. For my trout fishing in rivers, it's the scoop net, lanyard & magnetic catch. I've repositioned the attachment from the handle, fixed it to the net head slightly off-centre so that the handle hangs behind me towards my left. (right-handed angler)

Iain Cameron

« Reply #2 on: 27/08/2016 at 08:10 »
Neatly, thanks for asking...

Maclean weight net. Pair of strong magnets, and a coiled lanyard

Each magnet on a split ring. One half of the pair is attached to the D-ring on the rear shoulders of fishing vest.
Other half of magnet attached, with cable tie, to the hoop of the landing net. Magnets come together, and net hangs handle down from my back. One end of the coiled lanyard is attached to the handle of the net; the other end clips onto the left side of my vest. after releasing a trout, i can drop the net and it'll float around.

it's all neat and works well. Slight fiddle lining up the magnets behind me after using the net, but do-able.

used to my net hanging handle UP and net down - man, that would get tangled on everything!!!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 27/08/2016 at 10:22 »
"Neatly, thanks for asking..."  :z4  :z4  :z4

That sounds pretty much like what I'm going to try this time Iain :z16

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 27/08/2016 at 10:26 »
Anybody else noticed how much of the stuff listed on Ebay is coming direct from China nowadays :z6 ...... and I've ordered a couple of things listed as located in the UK that have been shipped from China by Chinese sellers too :mad

Try a search for 'magnetic net holder' on Ebay and you'll see what I mean :z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 28/08/2016 at 10:32 »
Great stuff ...... Enjoy the wedding! :z16

Andrew Ellis

« Reply #6 on: 18/10/2016 at 18:01 »
I use one of these Mike, slides onto your wading belt, I like it. Have yet to try it with my new sling pack though..... might have to adjust where it sits a bit.  I added a carabiner and cord to mine, it just made sense to do so.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #7 on: 18/10/2016 at 18:46 »
Have yet to try it with my new sling pack though.....

let us know how that goes...  :z4 :roll :z4

Liam Stephen

« Reply #8 on: 18/10/2016 at 19:33 »
Andrew  :z16

I have one of the holsters strapped to my sling. Never use it as the only strap it's seems to work on makes the net sit at an annoying angle. Great for fishing light with everything in the wader pocket and net on the wading belt though.

:z18

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: 18/10/2016 at 21:20 »
Some people have enough problems with just the sling pack  :X1

:z4 :z4

John Powell

« Reply #10 on: 19/10/2016 at 14:29 »
slightly off topic

scoop nets for small river browns

has the transparent plastic/rubber any great advantages over the traditional cotton knotless net...?

regards....john

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: 19/10/2016 at 14:36 »
Will let you know next season, my new one has the Brodin style ghost net. :z16

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com