Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Way In The Hills
« on: 22/08/2016 at 14:15 »
Gutted to have ko'd my Achillies meaning I couldn't join Andy Hogg in the wilds of Sutherland fishing his favourite hill lochs, I was delighted to get a call last Sunday night which went something like,'
"What you doing tomorrow?" "Day off why?"  "You wanting to join Billy n me on Loch CENSORED he's taking the truck up so you'll not even have to walk?"
So after an hour n a half bumping up the track we arrived at a beautiful and very calm loch with hatching heatherfly and sirface feeding fish.  Hands shaking as I know the size of these troots and the fact they hardly ever come to the top it was a rush to get the tube inflated and the rod set up with my new wee Half Hog Hoppers, perfect for heatherflee.

An amazing 3 1/2 hour session followed before it was time to head back with 12 fish landed, the smallest of which hit my wee scales at 2lb 12oz, everything else over the magic three, two over four and the best 5lb 2oz.
Never had a session so good, arm sore with landing big wild fish and pinching myself to remind me it was all real.

Mike Barrio

Re: Way In The Hills
« Reply #1 on: 22/08/2016 at 14:31 »
Great stuff :z16

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 22/08/2016 at 14:56 »
Nice Troots Allan but that 3rd one down has a jaw like a pike, easgach 1

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #3 on: 22/08/2016 at 15:00 »
Nice Troots Allan but that 3rd one down has a jaw like a pike, easgach 1
water surface distortion...  :wink

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 22/08/2016 at 17:31 »
Bloody hell Allan I would have walked through fire to get there, never mind your Achillies.
Very bonny troots and you are right to hide the loch name. Damned if I would let on  :z4 :z4 :z4.

Well played Sir! :z14

:z1

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 22/08/2016 at 19:04 »
water surface distortion...  :wink
Look at no2 without  the water, it could be jealousy? :X2 easgach 1

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #6 on: 23/08/2016 at 10:15 »
Look at no2 without  the water, it could be jealousy?

perspective   :z7

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 23/08/2016 at 11:49 »
The others are a long way away, :X2 easgach 1

Allan Liddle

« Reply #8 on: 23/08/2016 at 13:12 »
Wee hands  :z4
Couple of the bigger fish were obviously cock trout and certainly fish feeders, the teeth on them were firkin enormous and yes the did have a 'flatter' upper jaw, however this might just have been because I struck too hard  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #9 on: 23/08/2016 at 14:32 »
well done with the troots Allan, often come across the fish feeders on some of Our lochs, :z18 easgach 1

Iain Cameron

« Reply #10 on: 23/08/2016 at 21:22 »
i think that big troot has been cross-bred with a duck, judging by its snout. Cracking trouts!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com