Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Simms Waders
« on: 04/08/2016 at 17:11 »
[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/simmsfishing/videos/10154195835779454/[/facebook]

Liam Stephen

Re: Simms Waders
« Reply #1 on: 04/08/2016 at 17:39 »
Cool looking trout bum gear but its pricey....... The price isn't reflected in the durability or after sales service either! G3's didn't last a season and I look like I've pissed myself every time I come back from fishing. The stitching on my Boa boots has popped all over the place,  the laces are constantly needing replaced and to be honest the sole offers very little grip even with their studs in (which cost the same as a fly line) so i feel like I'm ice skating most of the time. Those who I have fished with will have seen me slip and slide  few times I'm sure.  :X1

Rant over!

P.S I'm looking for new waders and boots.

:z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 04/08/2016 at 17:48 »
I like my Orvis waders and boots ...... but they're getting nowhere near as much use as yours do Liam :cool:

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 04/08/2016 at 19:05 »
I got a pair of Orvis Enduros about six years ago, had them resealed by Diver Dave and they are still going strong. They were cheap but are very hard wearing and comfortable. I think I paid around £100 and another £90 for Guideline boots which are now 2 years old. I have had to add some Stormseal to re-stick the soles but after the repair they are still going strong.
On another forum there are a lot of complaints about Simms waders leaking and not lasting. FFS £700??!! I got two salmon rods for that! :z13

:z1

Mike Thornton

« Reply #4 on: 06/08/2016 at 16:16 »
Don't know if this is any good to you, but Garry Evans is selling  the whole range of Snowbee waders at half price.  My pair of their "Prestige" breathables are in their fourth season now.....No leaks.

Andy Finlay

« Reply #5 on: 07/08/2016 at 21:53 »
I've a pair of G4's, leaked pretty quickly tbh. Got them sealed by diver dave, unfortunately he had to seal around the top of the neoprene boots and now struggle like hell to get my feet in.

I'm onto guidelines now, just started to leak but have a new pair as spairs that, they cost about a 1/4 of the Simms though so if I only get one season I'm not that fussed as they do get a fair bit of abuse.

Liam, I bought these recently and fitted some tungsten studs, so far so good for me.

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p120299-orvis-access-wading-boots-black-grey-14zh2100/#.V6efJJB4WrU

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 08/08/2016 at 09:32 »
I have the Orvis Silver Sonics and they are now 3-4 years old with no issues at all. I tend to kneel a lot in mine, or "bum shuffle" along the bank so often holes knees and seat, but so far I have been impressed.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com