Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Steven Sinclair

Re: Fly Rod Design by Paul Arden
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 23:44:39 PM »
All that time being George of the jungle certainly seems to have paid off.

I've fished for Pacu with him in Malaysia and he can certainly launch a line.

Steven.

Iain Stewart

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 20:03:34 PM »
All that time being George of the jungle certainly seems to have paid off.

I've fished for Pacu with him in Malaysia and he can certainly launch a line.

Steven.
Here a I have seen you launch a line loon so that is saying something if you think Paul can launch it. I have to say braw soundtrack and enjoyed the video. None of your mamby pamby sales bollocks here. Get on!

Joakim Hammenstig

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2020, 15:57:26 PM »
I bought Hot Torpedo 6 after watching this and quite a bit of e-mailing with Paul. He invited me to come fish with him for Giant Snakehead and Giant Gourami in Malaysia and I have been there twice now.

A spectacular and unforgiving fishery. I am not the best caster and have only had one Gourami in the boat and lost a free rising Snakehead because of line break... I used the HT6 for dry fly for Gourami and borrowed his HT 10 or HT 8 for Snakehead.

Very nice rods but since I am quite new to the game I don't have much to compare with. I would say Paul is one of the best and nicest persons I have ever met. I've spent in total 5 weeks with him in the jungle and the two trips are the best in my life.

Cheers, Piffen

Mike Barrio

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 20:17:05 PM »
Great stuff Joakim ..... and welcome to the forum  :z16

Best wishes
Mike
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 20:40:15 PM »
All I need to add to this is that both Steven and I have a full set of hot torpedoes from the four weight to the ten and as Steven has said we have both fished in various places in Asia. Paul is a very accomplished caster but his rods are basically some of the best fishing tools I have had in over forty years of fly fishing and not only casting tools. If anyone is after a special rod for fishing then these need to be on your list of rods to try before you buy.

Eddie
As Shakespeare said, it is better to have hooked and lost than never to have hooked at all.

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk