Forum > Rod Building

Fly Rod Design by Paul Arden

(1/4) > >>

Mike Barrio:
Fly rod design of the Sexyloops Hot Torpedo ..........

Derek Roxborough:
watched this with almost total incomprehension, maybe I'm just thick but  do we need another rod type I did notice he was in need of a decent fly line seeing the coils of his first one, and the midgies must have been bad, seeing how much he was scratching,all I could get from it (nice enough video) was that he liked a rod with a through action (as do I), the rods I have (home built) do all I ask of them, and some times I can even catch fish,  :z12 easgach 1

Tom Benson:

Sir, ( where I'm from , that is an insult ). must reply to your post. But first must state an interest in the subject : Paul is a friend !
         Regarding the video , your comments , of your right , are well stated. However, I disagree. Having had the opportunity to
        try the ... the 6 wt & 4 wt & the proto 5 wt, must say I was greatly impressed. Intend buying his 4wt ; underlining it with my
        Rio 3 wt . ( floater ). Then when funds allow ; an 8 wt. Thus making my Sage ,,, 8wt & my method 6 wt . & my etc.
             Just a small & helpful  contra. thought.           Tom

Mike Barrio:
Good to see differing opinions :z4

A number of us are friends of Paul's Tom, I have a Hot Torpedo Competitor ..... serial number 001 :cool:

The video is interesting - and very much in Paul's style of doing things.

Cheers
Mike

Tom Benson:

HI Mike, a thoughtful reply. Would not usually pass comment but, Paul,s rods are well designed & thoroughly tested.
                                              regards Tom       :z16 :z4 :z18

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version