Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Fishing Wagon Accessories
« Reply #15 on: 29/06/2016 at 17:00 »
I'm going to try one of these :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 30/06/2016 at 11:12 »
Speaking of fishing wagon accessories I've just finished constructing my shed built roof tray.

As soon as I get hold of some J bolts I'll get it slung on and fire up some pictures.

Looking forward to seeing that Steven :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 04/07/2016 at 17:52 »
Lavazza Red coffee = Heaven on the river bank.  :z13

What's the secret with Lavazza Euan, how long will it be fine once opened? ...... Or is there a good way to store it once opened?

Cheers
Mike

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #18 on: 04/07/2016 at 17:54 »
put it in the freezer  :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 04/07/2016 at 18:07 »
Yes, packets usually say in the fridge or the freezer in a sealed container Marc :z16

But there's also a growing belief that this causes moisture in the form of condensation that spoils the coffee taste? The condensation happening in the container when it experiences changes in temperature when we take it out into room temperature to make coffee and then put it back into the colder environment. Complicated stuff this :z4

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #20 on: 04/07/2016 at 18:59 »
you getting this info on facebook ?  :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #21 on: 04/07/2016 at 19:17 »
Have noticed comments in a few places Marc and these have made me curious to see how you guys get on with storage ..... here's one http://blog.pactcoffee.com/2014/04/23/the-infamous-coffee-fridge-fallacy/

Terry Coging

« Reply #22 on: 08/07/2016 at 15:26 »
Mike - any sort of sticker will do - inside or outside. My fishing wagon is an X-Trail at the mo.  Just ordered a couple of lines, so if you have any stickers they could come in the same post?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #23 on: 08/07/2016 at 16:55 »
Mike - any sort of sticker will do - inside or outside. My fishing wagon is an X-Trail at the mo.  Just ordered a couple of lines, so if you have any stickers they could come in the same post?

Managed to find one for inside :z16 .............. no more left now.

Best wishes
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Fishing Wagon Accessories New
« Reply #24 on: 09/07/2016 at 11:01 »
stoves & kettles mean coffee!!! :-)
IAIN

My funky coffee maker is a jet boil with a coffee press and will boil a litre of water in under a minute.

Eddie

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #25 on: 09/07/2016 at 11:20 »

A quick cut n shut of an ibc resulted in my new rack. Not pretty but functional and a damn site cheaper (free) than a shop bought affair.

Cheers

Steven.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #26 on: 09/07/2016 at 11:58 »
I bought one of the  Zyliss cups from Amazon its a decent buy and gets me away from Instant coffee,also its unbreakable and fairly compact easgach  1

Terry Coging

« Reply #27 on: 09/07/2016 at 12:53 »
Managed to find one for inside :z16 .............. no more left now.

Best wishes
Mike

Thanks for that Mike - and for the amazing service - lines and sticker arrived 23 hours after ordering! If ever you get any more big ones made, like the one on your spare tyre cover, then please consider letting me have one.  Many of my mates are now converts to your lines.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 09/07/2016 at 14:00 »
Thanks for letting me know that your parcel arrived safely Terry, I hope you enjoy your lines :cool:

Not sure about the big stickers, they cost me more than £20 per sticker :shock

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #29 on: 09/07/2016 at 17:32 »
I'm going to try one of these :cool:

Not impressed, no matter how much I boil it, or simmer it, it won't percolate.

These systems are very simple, if the water won't rise up the tube ....... something is wrong :z8

All I can get is very slightly brown water (probably through condensation) and the coffee stays pretty much dry :z6

I can see this becoming an old school coffee jug, just chucking in coffee and brewing it (without the 'perks' bit) :z4

Update: I sent the suppliers an email and they have replied within an hour to say that they are going to send me a replacement kit :cool: .......... Looking forward to trying it.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com