Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Pro Team Gathering
« on: 20/06/2016 at 09:13 »
Just back from a Barrio Pro Team weekend at Tinto Trout Fishery and on the Clyde :z16

We had access to some great water on the river Clyde and Munro runs a first class fishery, challenging enough to make it interesting and superb quality fish. We had Brownies, Rainbows, Blues and a cracking Tiger :cool:

Photo below with Will in the distance, float tubing at Tinto ......... website = http://tintotroutfishery.co.uk/

Mike Barrio

Re: Pro Team Gathering
« Reply #1 on: 20/06/2016 at 17:00 »
A nice Tinto Blue, which looks more like a Rainbow in this evening light photo ...... was definitely very blue when I caught it :cool:

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 21/06/2016 at 20:04 »
Finally got round to downloading some shots from a great weekend :z18

This is the view looking from the upper loch, down over the valley

Some cracking trout in these lochs :z16 we had all kinds, this was my best Brownie taken on the DHE, very pretty :z12

A lovely place to be as the moon appears

Plenty fish rising to the dry, making for challenging and exciting sport, Mr B got the best of the weekend with this stunning Tiger trout.

We also got some time on the Upper clyde, not as much as i would have liked, but Tinto spoiled us and we had such a good chin wag it was hard to get motivated to get to the river, when we did manage there were some cracking fish hitting the sedges late on.

My First Clyde brownie :z12 well chuffed.

So a great trip and a place i will definatley go back to, many Thanks to Munro for all the great advice and the warm welcome :z18

Cheers

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 21/06/2016 at 20:45 »
Great photos thanks Sandy :z16

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 25/06/2016 at 09:28 »
Great stuff guys and sounds a cracking trip  :z16

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #5 on: 26/06/2016 at 18:18 »
back and finally able to deal with images, here's a few from the meet.
once again, big-huge thanks to Mike for organising what's been, at least for me, the nicest trip i've been on in a long while.  :z16

Will with a really fiesty Tinto 'bow. i didn't it get on camera but one of its first jumps was straight-up rocket style. that was really  :z12

a minor swarm of these teeny Caenissy things popped up one evening. just to give a size perspective, the fabric its laying on is my waders.

more soon !

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #6 on: 26/06/2016 at 18:29 »
Tinto's first loch, its a nice and comfy place to be.

and one of the locals, a brown with a rainbow.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 29/06/2016 at 13:20 »
Great photos Marc ....... really pleased that you enjoyed your trip :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com