Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Howard & Stuart

Lochter Report
« on: 13/06/2016 at 11:12 »
Lochter Report

Mixed and various seems to be the words most used at Lochter Fishery in Oldmeldrum this week.

Mixed, well that sums up the weather. Cold, Hot, Sunny, Dull, Wet and Dry!

A real mixed bag and that reflects tactics being fished on the day.

Reviewing the catch returns all sort of methods have produced results.

Everything from dries on the top to lures near the bottom have worked depending on conditions encountered.

Highlighted cates this week include S. Prince who caught 34 over two visits on a combination of lures and buzzers. Ron Ewan caught 29 again over two visits using buzzers and nymphs. Liam Stephen crept round the margins and grounded 20 using a stalking bug.

An evening session with dries rewarded S. Jamieson with 21 which included the heaviest fish of the week. A lovely fish which weighed 9 1/4 lb in the net.

Not a bad result for a size 18 CDC.

Finally Bill Wood caught 10 for the first time ever using blobs. So a real mixed bag, a trend that is likely to continue given the weather forecast for this week!

Bill Wood

Re: Lochter Report
« Reply #1 on: 14/06/2016 at 13:58 »
Aye but the last two were lucky. I was fishing with 2 rods (1 at a time Stuart)  The idle one had the end blob sitting in 6" of water when the line  suddenly shoots out.  Last one when I was packing up, With the leader still in the water I was picking up the second rod when whizz the line shoots out again. Still chuffed as that's the first ten in 18 months o fishing.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com