Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Chris Connolly

Intro to Fishing for Youngsters
« on: 10/06/2016 at 13:53 »
Im an attempt to get youngsters out in the open and away from their X boxes etc. I have just started my second of these courses in PERTH.which myself and my assistant coach have developed and rolled out totally free.
PDAA the local angling club has funded the outdoor event at a local Stillwater and myself and assistant coach have provided the indoor sessions  FOC.
I just wondered if there is anything similar going on in any other parts of the country as I plan to expand this course for the winter to include other aspects  not covered in the Intro sessions.
It would be good to bounce ideas off anyone else doing something similar.

Chris

Derek Roxborough

Re: Intro to Fishing for Youngsters
« Reply #1 on: 10/06/2016 at 20:13 »
well done , I hope you have a current "Disclosure Scotland " I have to have one for working with youngsters and vulnerable people I teach Archery at the local leisure centre, 2 of our club members look a fter the angling side and both have the disclosure, it is a protection for your self as well as the people you are working with, good luck with the venture, easgach 1

James Abel

« Reply #2 on: 12/06/2016 at 07:45 »
Hi Chris
I think Glenof Rothes and Lochter both have similar things like that. Well done by the way 👍

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 13/06/2016 at 08:02 »
well done , I hope you have a current "Disclosure Scotland " I have to have one for working with youngsters and vulnerable people I teach Archery at the local leisure centre, 2 of our club members look a fter the angling side and both have the disclosure, it is a protection for your self as well as the people you are working with, good luck with the venture, easgach 1

Don't forget it has changed now. Disclosure Scotland registers an adult under the PVG scheme. This makes it easier if, like me, you work with various groups of kids, because once you have applied and received your PVG, you are on a register and it is easy for a prospective employer to call them and check you are in the system. It is also easy for an individual to call them and add/change roles/posts/positions.

In the old days you had to apply for a "Disclosure" for each and every post you held.

Chris Connolly

« Reply #4 on: 13/06/2016 at 10:29 »
Yip Im totally PVGd out and up to date , also licensed through SANA.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 13/06/2016 at 13:29 »
good going, although I did the Sana courses in the 80's no support was ever given by Sana, so you are very lucky, yes rob I have the latest PVG , but I don't teach angling now, I did for a while for the Adult education group locally,I ended up being a paid child minder while the parents went off to do their own thing, my wife pointed out how dangerous this was, so I stopped it, The Archery is done in the leisure centre run by High Life for the Highland council, then I can go fishing  :X2 easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com