Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

SOLD- Sage MOD 9ft 4wt 4pc fly rod
« on: 23/04/2016 at 11:49 »
As many of you know i built a 3,4 and 5wt MOD over the winter as a Personal project.

The rods are fantastic dryfly rods with very smooth but crisp moderate actions that allow you to fish fine tippets and a variety of flies.
Historically I have always fished either 3's or 5's but i fancied trying them all this time. As it has panned out i love them all but i am finding i am going to the 5wt more often despite it being the least smooth. I think the 4wt and 5wt are so similar i cannot justify keeping both, so i am selling the 4wt.

So this is a Sage MOD 4pc 9ft 4wt.
It has flor grade cork in a Sage Snub nosed style grip, a Lemke LC7U uplocking reel seat in Black anodised finish with a select Buckeye burl insert that has a 3d quality to the graining which is hard to describe.
Black coated fine wire snakes with a Black Minima Stripper guide tie together with the black metal work.
I whipped it in Jade silk with dark green tippings for a subtle coloured but transparent whipping.
The blank is covered by the Sage warranty and a letter to confirm this will come with the rod.
It will be in one of my Custom Tweed rod bags and a Black Alloy tube.

From the factory these rods retail £750, this one is built to a higher spec with better fixtures and fittings and to a higher standard. I'm looking for SOLDincluding UK delivery.

For anyone who is local I'm more than willing to meet up, to try it out first. I'd much prefer it to be out catching fish than sitting in my attic until the winter.

If you are interested, please PM me or contact me through the email link on my rod building page :z16

Thanks for looking

Sandy

Sandy Nelson

Re: Sage MOD 9ft 4wt 4pc fly rod
« Reply #1 on: 24/04/2016 at 11:08 »
The rod is now  SOLD
Thank you all very much for looking

Best wishes

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com