Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Fishing the burns
« on: 19/04/2016 at 09:01 »
So, inspired by a post on here, I would not mind getting back to some of the burns I first fished up here some 30 years ago.

However, back then I turned up and fished, I never sort any permissions as the burns were often off the beaten track and I never got into trouble.

All fish were returned and needless to say, no damage was done.

What's the likelihood of "getting away" with that now?

I have a few in mind that are overgrown jungles, but I am aware that one enters the Don and one enters the Dee. I guess the protection order still covers these?

The others are in the Mearns and as far as I am aware, with no Protection Orders.

I have tried to find out who owns the fishing over the last few days, but I have been met with blank looks from the farmers.

Back in the day I used to have a fiver (it was 30 years ago) in my pocket and always had the intention of offering to pay if anyone said anything. Handy tactic?

What's the general consensus? Is there a risk to this? Am I doing any harm? Should I be beating myself with a stick for having such thoughts?

Liam Stephen

Re: Fishing the burns
« Reply #1 on: 19/04/2016 at 09:24 »
Rob  :z16

Just fish! The fiver will get you out of any sticky situation I reckon........ You flash git, I only carry £2  :wink

:z18

Rob Brownfield

Re: Fishing the burns
« Reply #2 on: 19/04/2016 at 10:23 »
Rob  :z16

Just fish! The fiver will get you out of any sticky situation I reckon........ You flash git, I only carry £2  :wink

:z18

I have been saving for 30 years! ;)....says the bloke with the fancy rods and reels!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com