Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Gordon Dempsey

Bert's Cast bench
« on: 24/02/2016 at 20:01 »
Hi folks, just joined and this is my first post.
I was out walking today by the Don at Fintray and discovered a wooden park bench which had evidently been brought down by the flood and got caught up on a fence on the left bank. There is a brass plaque screwed to the bench, see photo.  A little way upstream is the wreckage of a concrete hut and conceivably it could have come from there, but the plaque on the bench suggests it may have come from as far as Inverurie. Whatever, it doesn't seem too worse for wear and I'm sure somebody will want it back. Get in touch and I can show you where to find it.

Mike Barrio

Re: Bert's Cast bench
« Reply #1 on: 24/02/2016 at 20:12 »
Hi Ferox ....... Welcome to the forum :z16

Thanks ......... That's the bench that Inverurie Angling Association placed at Ardmurdo Fishings. I'll contact Brian Brand and ask him to get in touch with you  :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Gordon Dempsey

« Reply #2 on: 24/02/2016 at 20:23 »
Thanks Mike.
The bench is probably about half a mile from the nearest road and will need at least two people to shift it. I'm around most of the time so can assist. A trailer would be the best bet but I have a LWB Landy it might just about go in at a push.

Gordon.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 24/02/2016 at 20:43 »
Thanks Gordon,

I've spoken to Brian and he will send you a PM personal message via the forum :z16

You can access your PM messages via your profile link in the top right hand corner.

Best wishes
Mike

Brian Brand

« Reply #4 on: 24/02/2016 at 20:45 »
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for posting this, this means a great deal to my family and myself and it is good of you to take the time to let us know about it.

I will send you a PM with my details and have already spoken to someone who has a van, there is also someone else that has a trailer that we can call on.

Thanks again,
Brian

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com