Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

wild fish reform bill
« on: 25/04/2016 at 20:03 »
don't forget to make your views if you haven't already done so May 2nd is the final day easgach 1

Mike Barrio

Re: wild fish reform bill
« Reply #1 on: 27/04/2016 at 08:42 »
It is a lot to read through and understand before attempting to give answers to the online questions, I suspect most folk will start to look at it and give up before finishing it :z6

If anybody has the time, perhaps they could run through the questions and any suggested answers?

https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/wild-fisheries-reform-team/draft-wild-fisheries-strategy/consult_view

Mike Thornton

« Reply #2 on: 27/04/2016 at 16:22 »
  Would it have been a good idea if they had made the first question "Do you agree there is a need for a Wild Fisheries Reform Bill"?
    Answer " No ". ...  Questionnaire  completed.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 28/04/2016 at 23:03 »
This Morning on Radio Scotland, the Scottish salmon producers are going to double their output ove r the next 2 years, I wonder how this will protect the west coast salmon? easgach 1

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 28/04/2016 at 23:23 »
I must confess that I have tried to fill this in twice now and given up before finishing :oops

I'm really struggling to class this online form as a 'consultation'.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 29/04/2016 at 11:31 »
This is not the consultation, but something a lot shorter and easier to understand ....... Have you read it?

I believe the 'SRG' is the Stakeholders Reference Group, which includes the Scottish Government, the Association of Salmon Fishery Boards, the Association of Scottish Still Water Fisheries, SANA and the Scottish Federation of Coarse Anglers?

http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0049/00498704.pdf

Mike Thornton

« Reply #6 on: 29/04/2016 at 15:28 »
I have just managed to complete the thing.   I did comment that the exercise would have been a whole lot easier if each numbered Section  was immediately followed by the questions relative to it. 
   Forgive me if I appear somewhat selfish, but, as far as I can see the whole thing  seems geared to appeasing  our fellow anglers from the central belt.
   Things are fine here.   Do we need any more layers of government interference ?

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 06/05/2016 at 22:15 »
I heard that Aileen MacLeod has lost her seat, I wonder who will inherit that hat? easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com