Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Lintrathen Loch
« on: 06/02/2016 at 21:52 »
Not long now until Lintrathen opens up lads, opening day is Saturday 9th of April this year.
Hopefully see a few of you all over the season out on the water.
If last season was anything to go buy there will be some great fishing ahead this year. Lots of top of the water sport for browns and rainbows  :wink
I will try and post some updates throughout the year  :z16

Mike Barrio

Re: Lintrathen Loch
« Reply #1 on: 06/02/2016 at 22:39 »
Looking forward to the updates Baz and it would be good to fish it again :z16

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 06/02/2016 at 23:03 »
Soundmixer and I are planning a return to Lintrathen this season  :z16
Look forward to the updates Baz  :z18

H :cool:

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 07/02/2016 at 18:53 »
I need to make it down again in the coming season Baz

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #4 on: 08/03/2016 at 22:39 »
Just trying to promote my Local water Lintrathen Loch and get the word out there about membership’s and upcoming dates for the year ahead.

A membership at Lintrathen for 2016 is £40 for the season. This basically reduces your days fishing by £10 a session each time you hit the water if you are a single angler or £13 off the price of a joint boat if there is 2 rods fishing. They loch also runs a loyalty card and after you have paid for 6 sessions your 7th session is free.
Membership also entitles you to enter into the club competitions over the course of the year which would also give you the chance to qualify for a National entry spot.
 For clubs looking to book outings over the season the price will be £46 per boat which allows each angler 4 fish each which is a great price. There is plenty availability left at weekends and weekdays to accommodate this.
 There is a members Opening competition on Sunday the 10th of April for members only.
 There is the East of Scotland pair’s competition on Saturday Evening 11th of June.
 Lintrathen Club championship is held on Saturday the 25th of June. The Top 2 positions qualify for national entry. Fish quality over the last few seasons has been excellent and a varied size of stocked fish will continue to be stocked this year. The resident browns are also growing on as i am sure the local anglers will agree.

If anyone would like any membership forms or contact details to book boats, please feel free to drop me a message.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 13/04/2016 at 03:16 »
Lintrathen opened back up this weekend and the fishing was great.
Lots of good quality fish been caught and plenty of fish found to be feeding hard on buzzers.  From Sunk lines and mini lures to straight lining buzzers on a floater the sport was non stop.
Great to see so many fish feeding on the surface so early also, long may it continue.

Graeme Gauld

« Reply #6 on: 13/04/2016 at 15:36 »
I was there on Saturday and had a great day the quality of the trout is fantastic and the fight like demons    , i will be back

Barry Robertson

« Reply #7 on: 21/04/2016 at 05:01 »

Lintrathen is still producing some excellent sport just now. 4 boats out today with one boat taking 16 fish and an other boat with 9 fish.
Kevin Neri is pictured below with a good feeding fish around the 5lb mark.
Fish are still well spread out and buzzer hatches are prolific when the weather conditions suit. Well worth a chuck lads if you have a spare day for fishing. Some excellent browns being caught also  :z18

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 22/04/2016 at 20:15 »
Barry,

I will be moving home for good some time in May and intend on taking a season ticket for the loch. I first took Steven there before the rainbows went in when he was sixteen and we have a lot of good memories of the place and will definitely be back.

Great to hear it is fishing well.

Eddie. :z18

Iain Stewart

« Reply #9 on: 06/05/2016 at 11:09 »
Hi Barry,
  looking to take maybe 5 rods the end of May, do you know if we can fish three in a boat? For a 3 & 2 or if we would need to take draft in another fisher. Also do we need to book in advance?

Thanks I and looking forward to it.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #10 on: 08/05/2016 at 22:10 »
3 rods in a boat is fine but I would suggest calling the balif to book the boats to save dissapointment. I am sure you will easy get boats though.
If you need any info feel free to drop me a PM.
Thanks.

Iain Stewart

« Reply #11 on: 11/05/2016 at 14:22 »
Thanks Barry. I think Eddie already been in touch. We will get on the water soon. Tight lines.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #12 on: 24/05/2016 at 14:16 »
Lintrathen's East of Scotland pairs competition is happening on 11th June with a 17:30 start until 1 hour after sunset.
£40:00 per pair. Spaces still available.
Please send me a message if you are interested or call 01575 560327.
Fishery rules apply and pairings will fish to a 4 fish limit each with each pair being drawn in separate boats.
Some great evening rises at the moment so should make for a great competition.

This is normally a fun comp and a great way to meet new anglers from the area.
Hopefully see you there....  :z18

Hamish Young

« Reply #13 on: 01/06/2016 at 12:26 »
Unfortunately I won't make this as I have other commitments. That said if anyone is reading this and fancies going they should, Euan and I had a particularly interesting day at Lintrathen during our 'fishing week' and I will definitely be going back later this season  :z13 Let's just say that I hit on something that really worked on the day we were there and I'm keen to see if will work again  :wink
I always enjoy Lintrathen and I think it's pretty good value. One caveat, I do have to say the boat we had was in dire need of some major tlc. However the water between the inner and outer skins of the hull gave us the advantage of sitting deeper in the water......  :shock
No, that wasn't down to my ballast or Euan eating pies either  :z4

H :cool:

Euan Innes

« Reply #14 on: 01/06/2016 at 20:57 »
Aye, interesting indeed.
It was like standing on a custard skin that rippled and I have to confess to being a touch alarmed that my pies might get wet....
The very interesting tactic by Mr Young has me reaching for my wallet and getting out a not so often used rod. This tactic may have worked further north too...  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com