Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Wading Boots
« on: 03/02/2016 at 12:08 »
Seems to be a good number of new wading boots appearing for 2016 ....... but will they last any better than last year's 'super duper improved models'?

Some of these look more like trainers,  but cost more than a couple of decent car tyres :z4

Derek Roxborough

Re: Wading Boots
« Reply #1 on: 03/02/2016 at 15:38 »
Came Across some Canyoning boots on a French site  about 30  quid. looked fine to me        easgach 1

Liam Stephen

« Reply #2 on: 03/02/2016 at 15:45 »
Wading boots are something I need this year...... Oh and new waders, I spent a fortune on top end Simms last year which gave in after 3 months use but thats another story!!  :z4

I like the look of a few pairs of waders, most of which have the welded seams instead of the stitched. Wading boots, I like the look and price of the visions and Patagonia's (sale on them atm). I agree with Mike in that a lot are going down the looking 'street cool' theme.  We shall see what I can afford closer to the new season.  :X2

Liam

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 03/02/2016 at 17:12 »
I'm pretty hard on my wading boots and running repairs required on my current ones to get me through even the start of this season.  :cry
Aquasure to the rescue-again  :z4 :z4

Liam Stephen

« Reply #4 on: 03/02/2016 at 17:18 »
For repairing waders aquasureis best? Is it worthwhile re-treating them with revive or similar?

:z18

Colin Sunley

« Reply #5 on: 03/02/2016 at 18:58 »
Gents
don't forget about Diver Dave for your waders can save you a small fortune that can be spent on better products down the line.

Liam Stephen

« Reply #6 on: 03/02/2016 at 19:11 »
I've heard lots of mixed reviews on Diver Dave. Some excellent some terrible, its kind of put me off tbh. I'll try and undertake the repair myself.  :z16

Liam

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com