Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Chris Connolly

Hand Painted Devon Minnows
« on: 30/01/2016 at 17:08 »
I have a new website and would love a bit of feedback as the orders are well too say the least very slow.

I can offer free postage to anyone ordering £25 or more as an incentive.

However I would rather any suggestions you may have to improve it would be very helpful.
Take a look at www.tayminnows.co.uk  and let me know.

Graham Nicol

Re: Hand Painted Devon Minnows
« Reply #1 on: 31/01/2016 at 18:18 »
Very nice site. I was wondering on account  of many rivers and beats banning treble hooks whether you should offer traces with doubles or singles?

Ross Errington

« Reply #2 on: 19/02/2016 at 12:49 »
Would you get more business if you also advertised to the pike and perch fraternity?  Think I'l be purchasing and pursuing the local pike perch and chub

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 24/02/2016 at 07:48 »
Would you get more business if you also advertised to the pike and perch fraternity?  Think I'l be purchasing and pursuing the local pike perch and chub

Unlikely, I have never seen a Devon Minnow used for either species.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 24/02/2016 at 07:53 »
I have a new website and would love a bit of feedback as the orders are well too say the least very slow.

I can offer free postage to anyone ordering £25 or more as an incentive.

However I would rather any suggestions you may have to improve it would be very helpful.
Take a look at www.tayminnows.co.uk  and let me know.

Have you thought of taking a "shoal" of minnows and mounting them in a frame?  I think with the banning of spinning on many beats, Minnows are just not as popular as they were 30 years ago.  However, "fishing art" seems to pick up a few sales. I sometimes get asked to frame a "shoal" of Pike flies and its about £50-£75 to sell.

Also, I wonder if daft things like minnow ear rings, minnow key rings and the likes might not catch on? I have several keyrings that are made from small rapala style lures.

Diversity is the key :)

Good luck!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com