Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Grant Montgomery

Don info
« on: 30/01/2016 at 12:21 »
Hi

Long time lurker, first time poster. :z18. Nice to meet you!

Im looking to hopefully get a week trouting on the Don in mid/late May and looking for some info or advice?

Any beat recommendations where Im likely to get a visitors permit and secondly does anyone know of any good B&B's that are near the river?

Thanks
Grant

Colin Sunley

Re: Don info
« Reply #1 on: 30/01/2016 at 12:50 »
Hi Grant  welcome.
The Don has over thirty miles of water. Could narrow it down to an area  then people will be able to help you alot better.
Inverurie/ Kemnay  for instance  would roughly be about the middle of the don  ish.
Colin

Liam Stephen

« Reply #2 on: 30/01/2016 at 12:55 »
Hi Grant

Welcom to the forum.

Try Kildrummy or Monymusk. Both are meant I be beautiful stretches and both have accommodation close by!

:z18
Liam

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:05 »
Hi Grant ..... Welcome to the forum :z16

Broadsea Farm B&B gets good feedback and is near Inverurie. See http://fishingthefly.co.uk/aberdeenshire-information.html for contact details etc.

It is a bit early in the year for some trout fishing permits to be available online yet ..... but keep checking the individual beats on the FishDon website here http://www.fishpal.com/Scotland/Don/Fisheries.asp?dom=Don

Best wishes
Mike

Grant Montgomery

« Reply #4 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:34 »
Thanks all

Would probably be mid river I would prefer.

Oh and Mike, thanks for sending the #4 smallstream line so quick. Im amazed at the quality for the price. Havent cast it yet mind you lol.

Its for my wee epic 476 that Sandy is currently building me-cant wait to get it fishing!

Cheers
Grant

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:39 »
I'm sure the rod will live up to it's name Grant ..... especially if Sandy is building it for you :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com