Re: Barrio Mallard Sink Tip Line
« Reply #15 on: 04/12/2016 at 19:46 »
Thanks Roger ..... I am really pleased that you are enjoying your lines  :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Terry Coging

« Reply #16 on: 21/12/2016 at 20:44 »
Really love my Mallard #5 s/t. Early Spring wet fly fishing on the river and nymphing on the lake.  Sometimes out fish my boat partner who sticks to the floater (he usually out fishes me when both os us on the floater). What I really like about this line is that it casts just as well as the Mallard floater. Lovely.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 21/12/2016 at 21:47 »
Great stuff Terry .... I'm really pleased that you like your line :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Roger Hoad

« Reply #18 on: 31/12/2016 at 14:27 »
Some more great results using the sink tip line. I took my eldest son on his second fly fishing outing last week. Set him up with a sink tip line and goldhead bloodworm. Second cast he hooked a 4lb Rainbow that was in absolutely stunning condition then he had a smaller one followed by an eight pounder. I'm not going to say what I caught!! :cry I did have 3 but all small.

Then this Wednesday I fished another water, only bought a 2 fish ticket as I was told that it was hard going. Fished the same gold head bloodworm on the point and a Dawson's Olive on the dropper. Caught on my second cast then moved on to one of the 'harder' lakes and had my first ever double hook up in 27 years of fly fishing, and yes landed them both thanks to some help from another angler despite breaking my landing net which didn't help. This was all in 3/4 of an hour's fishing.

Once again when asked what set up I was using there was a vacant loook followed by the question 'What's a sink tip'? As this was from the guy that helped me land my fish I did try to help him by giving him some tungsten putty and lengthening his leader. Hopefully he caught.

Happy New Year and Tight Lines to all.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com