Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Barrio Mallard Sink Tip Line
« on: 10/12/2015 at 14:41 »
Available soon ........................  WF4ST - WF8ST :cool:

The new Barrio Mallard Sink Tip fly line in pale cream with a 10 ft  tan coloured sink tip ( slow sink rate, approx 1.5 IPS ).

Jeff Donovan

Re: Barrio Mallard Sink Tip Line
« Reply #1 on: 10/12/2015 at 18:55 »
Liking the look of those Mike.....I can feel an order coming on.  :X1

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 10/12/2015 at 22:52 »
The new Barrio Mallard Sink Tip lines are now available from our website shop :z16

https://www.flylineshop.com/shop.html#!/Barrio-Mallard-Sink-Tip-Fly-Lines/p/57955119/category=12258499

Spencer John

« Reply #3 on: 11/12/2015 at 13:26 »
Would imagine the sewin guys will like it as a replacement to the Sewincaster lines.
A Di 3 sinktip to go with it would be great  :wink
Have placed the link on the Ffynnon Taf Angling Club site and emailed it to a few mates.

Well done.

Sewinfly. .................

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 11/12/2015 at 13:42 »
Thanks Spencer ...... and welcome to the forum :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Spencer John

« Reply #5 on: 11/12/2015 at 13:58 »
Cheers Mike

Spencer. ..............

Ian Bell

« Reply #6 on: 23/04/2016 at 19:21 »
Firstly, I'd like to thank Mike for his excellent customer service!  :z16
I bought one of these lines this week and had a quick try-out this morning.
First impressions...
-slight memory off the reel, but it was very cold, freezing my rod rings!
-floating section floats very well.
-intermediate does what it should, nice and slow, after it breaks the surface tension... no problem as I fish rivers!
-nice in use, easier to lift off than a full intermediate line.
My only slight worry is it doesn't load my rod as good/ easy as my regular line, a Barrio SLX.  I realise the weight distribution is very different, so more use will probably remedy this?
Overall, very happy... and look forward to better conditions  :z7
   ... ian

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 23/04/2016 at 23:32 »
Certainly a bit Baltic for it today Ian. Pleased you like your line :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Ian Bell

« Reply #8 on: 14/05/2016 at 10:25 »
I finally decided this line was a bit on the light side for me, so put it up for sale.
If the sale was successful I was going to buy the same line but a size heavier.
Then Mike came up with the unbelievable offer to exchange the line from a #7 to a #8  for FREE!
The new line arrived this morning, put on a reel, down the river and tried before 8-30am.
What a revelation, rod loads well and very predictable!
I wanted this line for a sink tip to fish at medium range. However, I only had a short trial but found I could get good turnover at short AND long range! Could this replace my SLX (used with a polyleader) as number one line? If I had stuck with the seven weight it would never have covered so many options!
I will recommend this line to anyone needing a sink-tip, and  :z14 Mike Barrio lines in general!
I can't emphasize how much I appreciate Mikes excellent service!  :z16
Again many thanks... ian

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 14/05/2016 at 12:09 »
Great stuff Ian, I'm really pleased that you like your line :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Ian Bell

« Reply #10 on: 02/07/2016 at 12:16 »
Just a quick update to say the line is working well!
I'm using it for sea trout, through the day, dropping, slightly coloured water and small flies!
However, in my opinion, this would be a good choice for anybody after a line for sea trout night fishing.
Many thanks Mike!
   ...ian

Roger Hoad

« Reply #11 on: 14/10/2016 at 18:58 »
I bought a #4 & #6 weight when they first came out. Have used the #6 quite a bit over the past few months and it is an excellent line.
The main thing is that the tip does actually sink unlike another similarly priced sink tip that I have which floats better than most of my floating lines. :mad Really annoying when this happens, will probably replace that with a Barrio in the very near future. :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 14/10/2016 at 21:03 »
Really pleased that you like them Roger :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #13 on: 03/12/2016 at 13:05 »
For those that have been waiting ..... Barrio Mallard Sink Tip lines in WF4ST to WF8ST are now back in stock  :cool:

www.flylineshop.com/

Roger Hoad

« Reply #14 on: 04/12/2016 at 15:57 »
Ordered my #5 weight on Friday and arrived yesterday, Saturday. Excellent service as usual.

I now have these lines in #4,#5 and#6. I believe that they are a much underated and underused line and one which I rarely see being used. I wouldn't be without mine as they have saved me from a blank on many occasions. A typical example was last Tuesday, I had fished a floating and sinking line for 4 hours and had only hooked and lost one fish on the floater. At 1.00pm I changed to the sink tip and by 2.30 had caught my 3 fish limit, hooked and lost another fish and missed 2 vicious takes. I don't think this was a coincidence as the other 3 anglers on the water didn't even get a take between them, none of them had a sink tip line in their armoury!!  :z10
This is not the first time that this has happened sepecially at this time of year, the Barrio sink tips seem to be just the right length and sink rate to do the job and also cast well unlike some of the other lines around.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com