Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: Fishing Wagon
« Reply #45 on: 20/09/2017 at 12:34 »
Cass looked at the Panda and the 500 X 4x4.

Trouble was price. £26k for a fiat!! Ouch!

Since the Jeep Renegade is really a Panda/500x in different clothes, I would probably buy one of those instead because they have a £5k off deal plus an additional £2k off. Comes in at £19k for the mid range 4x4 version.

Not that I would want to drive a Fiep or is it a Jeat? lol

Mike Barrio

« Reply #46 on: 20/09/2017 at 12:43 »
For some reason the Renegade only appears to come in an auto 4X4 version Rob :z8

Hamish Young

« Reply #47 on: 20/09/2017 at 20:43 »
Since the Jeep Renegade is really a Panda/500x in different clothes, I would probably buy one of those instead because they have a £5k off deal plus an additional £2k off. Comes in at £19k for the mid range 4x4 version.

Do not do it. They're pants  :roll

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #48 on: 21/09/2017 at 08:13 »
Do not do it. They're pants  :roll

Out of principle I would never buy anything with the word "Jeep" in its title :)

Peter Davidson

« Reply #49 on: 21/09/2017 at 21:20 »
Out of principle I would never buy anything with the word "Jeep" in its title :)

There speaks the voice of measured reason- Jeep is probably a foreign word for cheap!

Euan Innes

« Reply #50 on: 22/09/2017 at 15:49 »
Ahh, much jeepness, Efendi!!
I didn't like the 500X much - looks a bit big arsed to me, like it was designed by Kim Kardashian. Mine was much nearer £13k and is way better.

:z1

Mike Barrio

« Reply #51 on: 22/09/2017 at 16:40 »
I like the idea of a new Jimny, or perhaps a Panda, but I like my old Freelander too much to consider it seriously :z12

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #52 on: 22/09/2017 at 22:11 »
my Dacia had a blow out and put us into a crash barrier, no one hurt ,so now I have a Punto, it does over 60mpg and it's zero road tax, so it will do me, I can walk still where I cant take the car,  I have friends who had a Jeep in the US and had nothing but trouble from day one, now they have a Subaru, the best all terrrain car I ever had was a Renault 4 it was so light it would get to places landies wouldn't get, I never had to dig it out and it was only Front wheel drive,with the back seats down it would carry 6 boxes of lobsters when I was at the fishing, Derek Roxborough

Mike Barrio

« Reply #53 on: 22/09/2017 at 22:21 »
The Renault 4 ( Cuatro Latas ) was good fun to drive, the wrist action of the mid dash board gear stick took a bit of getting used to.
A bit like the Citroen 2CV ..... they would go anywhere and were 'interesting' when cornering :z4

Terry Coging

« Reply #54 on: 23/09/2017 at 10:01 »
Yes, the Renault 4! I had one and it was quite amazing what it could do for a two wheel drive.  Snow, deep mud, rocks, narrow gaps.... It was quite roomy for the dog and tackle too. Unfortunately the floor rotted very badly and it was plated/welded many times. I used to joke that the cornering ability was helped due to all the floor plating helping lower the centre of gravity.  :z4
I currently run an old XTrail for fishing. Cheap as chips and quite capable.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #55 on: 24/09/2017 at 01:35 »
I quite fancy the van variant as a retro micro camper / fishing wagon  :z16

:z18

Steven

Terry Coging

« Reply #56 on: 24/09/2017 at 13:54 »
If you don't really need a 4x4  the Citroen Berlingo and Pergy Partner are worth considering. Stacks of room and better ground clearance than a normal car - but most importantly - for me anyway, is the large rear door that lifts giving plenty of shelter and a low floor for sitting comfortably. I had a Disco3 and hated the boot arrangement.

Hamish Young

« Reply #57 on: 24/09/2017 at 18:34 »
I recently sold my late Father in Laws Peugeot Partner.
A fantastic fishing car it would have made if we'd kept it but it brought back too many memories for she who must be obeyed so I sold it off  :z10

I found the ground clearance a little wanting to be honest, but it is nevertheless substantially better on the rough stuff than your average family car.

I know where there was a Renault 4 sitting..... must go see if it's still there, it had an Alfa 33 Sportwagon 4x4 for company.....

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #58 on: 24/09/2017 at 19:45 »
there was a French Film called Traffic with the gangling French Comedian Jacque Tatie, taking a camper to an exhibition wonderful fishing wagon, Very funny,Derek Roxborough

James Laraway

« Reply #59 on: 25/09/2017 at 12:21 »
we have a couple of 4x4s.

a 2008 plate Rav4 ( permanent 4 wheel drive) which we have all-season Vredistein tyres on - solid as a rock

then the XC60 - lovely car but a bit too posh to go fishing in and to get smelly  :X2

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com