Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Fishing Wagon
« on: 07/12/2015 at 11:36 »
I've got a real yearning for a classic Toyota campervan as a fishing wagon ..... it just won't go away :oops

It would have to double up as my daily transport though, so it's not an easy decision :z8

Steven Sinclair

Re: Fishing Wagon
« Reply #1 on: 07/12/2015 at 13:50 »
I can't stop thinking about swapping my truck out for a Mitsubishi Delica.

Perfect compromise for me. Essentially a pajero with a small camper body. Ticks so many boxes.

Only issue would be my always minging dogs having to be in the cabin. It's the only thing stopping me at the minute.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 07/12/2015 at 14:36 »
This is the one that I'm currently thinking about Steven :cool:

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #4 on: 07/12/2015 at 16:50 »
 :z16 :z16 :z16

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 07/12/2015 at 23:05 »
Mike,

It would appear that less thinking and more doing is required  :z12

Anybody want a German Shepherd and a Bullmastiff.....Be advised the mastiff likes Smith Optic fishing glasses (just ask Edfish :z4)

:z18

Steven.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 08/12/2015 at 03:27 »

Here is my fishing wagon. All I have to do over the next three years is upgrade the power from the engine add power steering and put a howling wolf roof tent on and she will be ready for many years of fishing all over Scotland.

Eddie.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 08/12/2015 at 05:31 »

Here is my fishing wagon. All I have to do over the next three years is upgrade the power from the engine add power steering and put a howling wolf roof tent on and she will be ready for many years of fishing all over Scotland.

Eddie.

You're forgetting body lift, suspension lift, 36" super swamper tyres, winch, ARB diff locks,TDV8 or Charged petrol engine and a stereo!

Steven.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 08/12/2015 at 05:59 »
Mike,

If you do get a 4x4 don't let your mates play offroad in it whilst you are away. The result can be rather expensive...

:X1
Steven.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 08/12/2015 at 08:16 »
Cass and myself looked at a Delica Spacewagon a few years ago for fishing/camping. It was amazing inside and we were very very tempted.....that was until I went to get tires for my Landy 90 offroader and came back with a Landy 110 County Station Wagon!

One of the lads here runs a camper van as his daily transport but he pointed out that he cannot get into many of the car parks due to height restrictions, even some "tourist" carparks when he is out touring. He basically lives at the ski slopes in it during the season.

Good luck with your purchase...very jealous!!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 08/12/2015 at 12:54 »
Yes, car parks can be a pain for height restrictions Rob :z6

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 08/12/2015 at 14:40 »
Yes, car parks can be a pain for height restrictions Rob :z6

Cheers
Mike

It will quash some folks dogging hobby ;)

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #12 on: 08/12/2015 at 16:43 »
Mike,

If you do get a 4x4 don't let your mates play offroad in it whilst you are away. The result can be rather expensive...

That is why you do not get access to the Landy,

:X2 :X2 :X2

:X1
Steven.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #13 on: 09/12/2015 at 10:45 »
Mike,
It would appear that less thinking and more doing is required  :z12
Steven.

I'm just waiting for a reply from the dealer ..... I did put in an offer for this one Steven :z3

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #14 on: 09/12/2015 at 12:09 »
Awesome!

Finger's crossed you get it Mike!

Things are a bit shakey for me work wise at the minute but once things settle down i'll be investing in a camper/fishing wagon of some description. The way the industry is going at the minute I may well just resign to the idea that i'll nick Edfishes when he's not looking.  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Steven.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com