Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Thornton

Re: Kintore Anglers
« Reply #45 on: 30/01/2016 at 15:11 »
  Thanks for that Neill..  Much appreciated.

Andrew Ashcroft

« Reply #46 on: 30/01/2016 at 15:43 »
Does anyone know where to get a salmon permit for the crown water this coming season?

Duncan McRae

« Reply #47 on: 30/01/2016 at 16:51 »
Hi Redfish

Yes,I agree that the permit price should be reduced due to the loss of good water.

I have also heard that the Alford Waters are up for lease and that the Council are looking to sell the beat if they can.
I usually buy a Roving ticket but will hold back this year until i know  exactly what is happening.

Duncan

« Reply #48 on: 30/01/2016 at 18:15 »
No change until 2017 as far as I know. Plenty Time to find out exactly what's what.  I heard Haughton caravan park may take on the Alford beats but that's just river bank gossip and could well be wrong. Seems Kintore AC are only taking on the LHB beat surely that would be for Salmon trout and sea trout.

I will wait for Kintore AC to set up a Facebook Page with full information before deciding next year. Disappointed in losing the rover ticket ln 2017 but a guess the council are skint and the fishing is running at a lose.

Neill Cameron

« Reply #49 on: 31/01/2016 at 14:43 »
crown  fishing  up  for  lease  .

« Reply #50 on: 11/02/2016 at 21:15 »
crown  fishing  up  for  lease  .

Fit like Neill a was bletheren tae you today at Kintore.

Lucky a was not caught poaching on the other side lol  :z4 :z4 . Joking apart tho the council am sure said in the P and J they were freezing the price of a permit and there would be no change until 2017 a mibees picked it up wrong am good at that. Any way you think yer getting a good deal but not so when you realize the council have already given up the right hand bank.

Trust the council not to highlight that in the website  when ye renew yer permit  :mad :mad

Just as well a fished the Golfer side today.

Duncan McRae

« Reply #51 on: 13/02/2016 at 15:48 »
Hi ivdffs

Yes,the Council should be highlighting this major change to the fishings before people buy their permits.
There were at least two fishers on the Crown Estate waters this morning who probably didn't know anything about the change.

Duncan

Mike Barrio

Kintore And Inverurie Angling Clubs
« Reply #52 on: 13/02/2016 at 16:13 »
Looking ahead to next year ...... If not a member already, I think now would be an ideal time for all those interested in their local waters to join their local angling club :z17

Join your local club ( it's only going to cost about £20 for IAA ) and give your club your thoughts on what you think would be the best way forward. This is easy to do via email to the secretary and by attending meetings like the AGM ......... I have put forward my thoughts on the topic to the IAA and I'm confident that these have been taken into consideration.

Rather than waiting to see what 'they' might do with regard to the management of your local water, turn that 'they' into a 'we' :wink

Colin Sunley

« Reply #53 on: 13/02/2016 at 18:57 »
I think this where IAA need to get slick and start to look at advertising there existence on a website to the masses so that people can resond to there intentions. Electronic membership forum as people are generally lazy and don't want to be running around chasing this down. How exactly do they intent to sell permits when people don't even know who they are.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #54 on: 13/02/2016 at 19:16 »
Good points Colin ............. join the club and propose them. I am willing to set up a page and a members forum if the club would like one.

To join ........ ask for an application form at Watsons Ironmongers in the square.

Best wishes
Mike

Colin Sunley

« Reply #55 on: 15/02/2016 at 12:27 »
Mike
IAA search on Google brings up this page Last update  2008  :X1 :X1
http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/ardmurdo-keithhall-fishings.html
Am no webpage Tech but am sure this could be updated with the all the relevant information that is required and download page for an application form,
Paypal could be introduced,  or Postal Order if your still in the dark ages.  or the pigeon from whacky races. 

People these days work from the internet and in the comfort of there own home, with there I-Pad or phone and a biccy Cuppa tea/ Coffee, if its not at the end of there nose then they won't bother or go somewhere else (myself Included)

My  intention is to Join the IAA sooner rather than later .

Col 

« Reply #56 on: 15/02/2016 at 13:11 »
Joining IAA online line may also help reduce road rage driving through the rurie traffic  :z4 :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #57 on: 15/02/2016 at 14:12 »
I should have deleted that page a while back Colin :oops it is no longer linked to from the website as it is out of date.

I'll produce a new page when I have up to date information.

Thanks for that,
Mike

Colin Sunley

« Reply #58 on: 15/02/2016 at 15:48 »
Opps  Foot in now  :z14 :z8 :z16 Did I  tell you recently what a grand Job your doing on the Website  :z16

Joining IAA online line may also help reduce road rage driving through the rurie traffic  :z4 :z4
Oh man it's mad,  :z8

Mike Barrio

« Reply #59 on: 15/02/2016 at 16:00 »
Opps  Foot in now  :z14 :z8 :z16 Did I  tell you recently what a grand Job your doing on the Website  :z16

Not at all Colin :z4  I'm pleased that you pointed that out :z16 ....... that page was out of date and shouldn't have been available to browse, I've deleted it now.

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com