Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Kintore Anglers
« Reply #30 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:06 »
Yes, sorry Neill ...... I'm afraid I'm lost too :z8

Neill Cameron

« Reply #31 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:11 »
kintore  have  only  1  kilometre  salmon  fishing  left,  as  council  have given  up  the  lease  for  crown   fishings

Colin Sunley

« Reply #32 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:19 »
Ringing in my ears Mike but I think our fist private club has just surfaced. It's a shame they have adopted that policy an am surprised the council would not have stipulated an open permit policy.
Again looking on with interest . P's  nout wrong with my phone full stops ....

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:42 »
I'm not sure that that's the case Colin ..... reading through the lines, I think Neill might be trying to tell us that Kintore Angling Club can offer trout fishing permits for the current 2016 season ( for club members only ) on the 'Crown Fishings' beat/section of the river?

Is this what you meant Neill?

Best wishes
Mike

Neill Cameron

« Reply #34 on: 28/01/2016 at 20:49 »
yes  mike thanks.    kintore  angling  club  membership   £5  tel  01467632538.

Duncan McRae

« Reply #35 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:16 »
Hi Neill

Thanks for the info.
A real pity,some cracking Salmon/Sea trout water lost.
Any word if anyone has taken on the Salmon rights yet?

Duncan

Mike Thornton

« Reply #36 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:26 »
  Sorry to complicate matters further but as far as I am aware the club would be required to have trout permits available to the general public under the terms of the river Don  Protection Order.
    The council also used to pay  compensation to the farmers bordering the river in a deal to stop them selling trout permits, which they would be entitled to do.  Do not know how this will be resolved now.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #37 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:34 »
Sorry to complicate matters further but as far as I am aware the club would be required to have trout permits available to the general public under the terms of the river Don  Protection Order.

Good point Mike :z16

Although I would imagine that very few anglers would want a day permit at say £15 for example ......... if the season permit were only £50 + £5 club membership ......... but the option should be offered to satisfy the terms of the River Don Brown Trout Protection Order.

Andy Finlay

« Reply #38 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:42 »
yes  mike thanks.    kintore  angling  club  membership   £5  tel  01467632538.

I'm still lost  :z8

Colin Sunley

« Reply #39 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:48 »
Alternatively  offer a new pair of wellies to the farmer and get on for free 😆😆😆
Interpreting what has been said already I would say you were spot on their.mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #40 on: 28/01/2016 at 21:50 »
Which Mike? ( redfish Mike? ) ......... Don't start confusing things Colin :X1

Life would be so much easier if everybody used their real names on the forum instead of 'Usernames'.

Neill Cameron

« Reply #41 on: 29/01/2016 at 07:14 »
kintore  angling  club   will  sell  daily  and  weekly  permits  for  2017  season.

Neill Cameron

« Reply #42 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:00 »
Alternatively  offer a new pair of wellies to the farmer and get on for free 😆😆😆
Interpreting what has been said already I would say you were spot on their.mike
   have  you   seen the  damage caused  by  the fiooding. kintore  angling  club  will  help  this  farmer  pay  for  fences.

Mike Thornton

« Reply #43 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:16 »
  Aberdeenshire Council indicated that they would not be increasing permit prices this season due to poor salmon runs on the Don last year.  Please correct me if I am wrong, but since two thirds of the water at Kintore  [including some of the best pools] will not be available to Council permit holders this season, would it  be reasonable to expect that the permit price should be reduced accordingly ?   There is no harm in living in hope.
    May I take this opportunity to again raise the question asked by Duncan.    ie.  Does anyone know what is happening with the Crown water at Kintore ?

Neill Cameron

« Reply #44 on: 30/01/2016 at 13:25 »
the  crown  are  asking  £3750  per  season.  plus   £4000  assessment  to  salmon  river  board.  kintore  angling  club  can  not afford   this.  ps lease  says   only  5  anglers  at  any  one time .kintore  angling  club have  the trout  fishing.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com