Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: Kintore Anglers
« Reply #15 on: 03/12/2015 at 08:42 »
I would presume a local club taking it over would get either cheap or free fishing on the understanding that day tickets were made available to anyone asking.

Without all the facts that would seem, on the face of it, a reasonable assumption.
However, I imagine that the council would be looking to rid itself pass on all of the costs associated with the fishings. So anyone taking on that water would be liable for all of the costs so whilst the rent might be a token amount the other costs might be significantly higher (levy etc).
It's interesting to me that the council should take this action to presumably free up monies in a way to reduce their costs but, as I'm no longer a tax paying resident of Aberdeenshire, I'll leave asking the questions about the council appearing to be indulging in some sort of fishing divestment to those of you who are directly affected :wink

H :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 03/12/2015 at 15:07 »
Yes, very much so Hamish.

I attended the Inverurie Angling Association discussion on this topic at the recent AGM. I'm now looking forward to what should hopefully be a positive outcome ( in the case of the Inverurie Fishings ) for all interested parties.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 13/01/2016 at 21:02 »
I see on page 5 of the P&J newspaper today, under the heading of 'Cost of fishing frozen', that Aberdeenshire Council have got the ball rolling on proposals to lease the local authority's fishings to the Kintore Angling Group and the Inverurie Angling Association :z16

Colin Sunley

« Reply #18 on: 21/01/2016 at 10:57 »
Am not sure there will be a good outcome for average Joe Blog and his mates wanting to fish there. 
But then there has been no information on the intentions of the private clubs posted anywhere to make an assessment on what there plans are and how they intend to charge for day tickets or if they will be available to Joe blogs at all,

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 21/01/2016 at 15:45 »
Hi Colin,

I understand your concerns, but I think you'll find that the local clubs have stepped up for just those very reasons and that they have the interests of local anglers at heart :wink

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 22/01/2016 at 09:35 »
It's funny that you should describe these as "private clubs" Colin, I think of them as quite the opposite.

I joined Inverurie Angling Association back in the 1980s and am still a member now. I joined the club to become part of the local fishing community and I continue to see my membership in that way today. At only £20 per year, I don't really understand why any local angler would not want to be part of that community.

Perhaps anglers' perceptions of clubs has changed over the years? As some of the bigger clubs throughout the UK have 'gobbled up' fishing beats, to which you can gain access when you pay a few hundred pounds for your 'club membership', I think rather than joining a club as a community, anglers are perhaps thinking of club membership as a season ticket nowadays?

Hamish Young

« Reply #21 on: 22/01/2016 at 10:13 »
Perhaps it's the syndicates within clubs that are more insidious in nature, or are seen as private clubs ???

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 22/01/2016 at 10:22 »
Perhaps it's the syndicates within clubs that are more insidious in nature, or are seen as private clubs ???

Yes, I would agree with that Hamish ....... Good point :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #23 on: 22/01/2016 at 11:08 »
PS: If anybody is not a member of Inverurie Angling Association and would like to join ....... you can get an application form from the Watson's Ironmongers shop in the square and it is a straight forward process :cool:

Does anybody that attended the Kintore meeting know what the process for joining is there?

Cheers
Mike

Duncan McRae

« Reply #24 on: 22/01/2016 at 12:04 »
I notice that Aberdeenshire Council are once again advertising fishing permits for the 2016 season at the same cost as last year.
Presumably,this means that any of the potential lease holder changes will have to wait till next season?

Duncan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #25 on: 22/01/2016 at 12:08 »
Hi Duncan,

Yes, as I understand it, any successful proposals would result in the changes taking place for the 2017 season.

Cheers
Mike

Colin Sunley

« Reply #26 on: 22/01/2016 at 12:15 »
Mike,
Thanks for the Info, and Side Notes :z16 :z16
Looking forward to seeing what happen next year for IAA,

Colin

Neill Cameron

« Reply #27 on: 28/01/2016 at 17:36 »
kintore  angling  club  trout   fishing  kintore   limited  permits    £50   2016  season   under 15  yearolds   free  tel neill  01467632538

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 28/01/2016 at 18:13 »
Hi Neill .......... Welcome to the forum :z16

Let's see if I have understood your post correctly? I am not 100% familiar with the layout of the Kintore Fishings ...... and it looks like you are posting from a phone without any comma and full stop keys :z4

Aberdeenshire Council have not renewed their lease for salmon fishing on the 'Crown Fishings' section of what is currently known as the 'Kintore Fishings', but they still own the 1 mile stretch on the Golf Course bank of the river?

Kintore Angling Club will take over the running of the 1 mile stretch on the Golf Course bank of the river in 2017 ( or did you mean the 'Crown Fishings' section? ) and will have a limited number of trout fishing permits available ( for club members only ) at £50 per season and junior club members under 15 yrs will be able to fish for free.

Telephone Neill on 01467 632538 for more details

It is great that you have posted this useful information :z16 ...... But please correct me if I have misunderstood your post Neill ....... and clarify which section will be run by Kintore Angling Club in 2017.

I know that Inverurie Angling Association are planning to offer open access to permits for the Inverurie Fishings, as per the current availability from Aberdeenshire Council. From your post, it looks like this is not what Kintore Angling Club are planning, which is somewhat surprising.

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #29 on: 28/01/2016 at 19:28 »
I'm lost  :z10

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com