Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

glenkindie beat.
« on: 02/11/2015 at 12:28 »
The  Don bailiffs are trying to get this added to fishpal for next year i believe, Not fished it my self but if it is as good as Kildrummy i will certainly give it a bash next spring.

Hamish Young

Re: glenkindie beat.
« Reply #1 on: 02/11/2015 at 22:48 »
Personally, I don't see what concern it is of the bailiffs to see beats added to an on-line booking system, not their function IMHO  :X7

I'm not being dismissive of the bailiffs or their interest in and passion for the river, far from it in fact. I doubt there are few people as passionate as they are.
However I might, perhaps reasonably, argue that under the new power sharing co-operative (takeover, whatever the hell it is) between Don and Dee any such promotion of beats and encouraging those beats to join Fish Pal should be done by the designated Angling Development officer, the RDBTIA and perhaps the Trust and most probably in that order.
I'd like to know more about this whole two rivers 'enterprise'.

That said, I have to say that it would be good to see the fishing at Glenkindie more widely accessible and the Fish Pal system is at least a robust means to an end.

H

« Reply #2 on: 03/11/2015 at 09:23 »
Just in case i picked it up wrong (Am very good at that). It was the bailiff who said they are hoping to get it added he never said it was himself who was working on getting it added.

Would the new chaps at Dinnet know where Glenkindie is . :z4 :z4

If any one has any details on access and parking that would be handy i guess it will be a tad rough due to the Inn being closed.

Malcolm Copland

« Reply #3 on: 11/11/2015 at 13:16 »
The Glenkindie Inn has had no connection with the water at Glenkindie for approx. 15 years other than the previous tenant abused access to it and pocketed the funds when he did a moonlight flit.

Kev Graham

« Reply #4 on: 11/11/2015 at 19:59 »
Sorry allabootthetroot, i havent fished this water but like you id be interested to know a little more about it........so, without wanting to draw any further pompous response, perhaps  i need to ask the question a little more directly to the masses for the 2 of us...

Can anyone out there please tell me and my pal anything about Glenkindie?

Thank you

Shadow (DCH)

Colin Sunley

« Reply #5 on: 11/11/2015 at 22:21 »
Try here
 http://www.kildrummyinn.co.uk/fishing/
Pompous Response Wow.  Everyday is a school day on here digest the information and move on.

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 11/11/2015 at 23:56 »
Sorry allabootthetroot, i havent fished this water but like you id be interested to know a little more about it........so, without wanting to draw any further pompous response, perhaps  i need to ask the question a little more directly to the masses for the 2 of us...

Can anyone out there please tell me and my pal anything about Glenkindie?

Thank you

Shadow (DCH)

If you can point out the pompous responses Shadow I'll personally ensure they don't trouble you again.
Last thing we'd want to see in posts here.

:shock

« Reply #7 on: 12/11/2015 at 10:33 »
Well i have managed to dig out a Landranger map of Strathdon i got for bagging the Sub 2000 hills in the area.

Now from what i can make out (But could be wrong). The lower beat limit would be from the bridge leading to Towie down to the upper limit of Kildrummy mibees about a Kilometer LHB. Looking at the upper stretch am just wondering if the upper limit is the water of buckat or if it runs all the way to Semeil farm beat.

Having bagged Ben Newe, fished Semeil farm beat and driven past that stretch many times a canae remember seeing much from the road or where you would park.  May not be the best beat for yer expensive breathable waders  :z8 :z8

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 12/11/2015 at 11:11 »
Nice photo :z16

I suspect a quick phone call to the bailiffs might prove a good idea. The guys are really helpful and if anybody is going to know about the best access points to individual beats ..... they will :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Irvine Ross

« Reply #9 on: 13/11/2015 at 09:00 »
The Glenkindie beat is  complicated. I used to fish it about 10 years ago.

On the north bank it runs from the upper limit of the Kildrummy water up to one field before the Bridge of Buchat.

On the south bank it runs from Towie bridge up to the Bridge of Buchaam but the rights are shared over a part of that. Glenkindie has all the salmon rights but it shares the brown trout rights with Culquoich from Towie bridge to just above the private bridge at Dowenford. You can get a day ticket for the Culquoich section from the garage shop at Glenkindie. Of course the estate may want to retain some of the water for its own use so there may not be access to all of the above and there may be some arrangement with Culquoich to avoid double booking for trout on that section.

For the Culquoich stretch you can park at Towie Bridge, on the south side of Culquoich Bridge, the layby at Dowenford and the access to the Ben Newe forest walks. You can also park on the track on the north side of Buchaam bridge.

Irvine

« Reply #10 on: 13/11/2015 at 10:16 »
The Glenkindie beat is  complicated. I used to fish it about 10 years ago.

On the north bank it runs from the upper limit of the Kildrummy water up to one field before the Bridge of Buchat.

On the south bank it runs from Towie bridge up to the Bridge of Buchaam but the rights are shared over a part of that. Glenkindie has all the salmon rights but it shares the brown trout rights with Culquoich from Towie bridge to just above the private bridge at Dowenford. You can get a day ticket for the Culquoich section from the garage shop at Glenkindie. Of course the estate may want to retain some of the water for its own use so there may not be access to all of the above and there may be some arrangement with Culquoich to avoid double booking for trout on that section.

For the Culquoich stretch you can park at Towie Bridge, on the south side of Culquoich Bridge, the layby at Dowenford and the access to the Ben Newe forest walks. You can also park on the track on the north side of Buchaam bridge.

Irvine

Thanks for the info  Irvine  :z16. As you say a tad complicated but parking at Ben Newe forest is just across the road.

:z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com