Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

I love my job sometimes
« on: 28/09/2015 at 07:24 »
Morning Gents,

I am currently working over in Sakhalin Island Far Eastern Russia and for the past two Sunday afternoons I have been lucky enough to find the time to head out of the city and have a cast.

Armed with my 6# Sexyloops rod I have been having a blast catching fish to 16lb and have lost two over 20 :! :! :!

Didn't manage to get any photos of last week as my fishing partners sd crashed but here a few from yesterday :z12

The beauty of it is that catch and release fishing is permitted for free on the River where as a license is required to fish from the sea with a daily catch of 5 being allowed. Not many people bother fishing catch and release so I pretty much had it to myself.

The sea however was a completely different story with the common set up being a treble hook the size of a clenched fist with a leaded shank and the salmon being hauled in sideways...

:z18

Steven.

Mike Barrio

Re: I love my job sometimes
« Reply #1 on: 25/10/2015 at 09:27 »
What's with all the dead fish in the water Steven, is it some kind of post spawning thing?

Cheers
Mike

Graham Ritchie

Re: I love my job sometimes
« Reply #2 on: 25/10/2015 at 12:24 »
They are Pacific salmon, they all die after spawning.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com