Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Just got my old Hardy back from Alba Rods.
My father purchased this rod from john dickson gunsmiths when they had a shop in Belmont st way back in the mid seventy's and i ended up with it when i was a badly behaved teenager who should never have been allowed   such a fine rod  :z14 :z14.
sadly it broke above the ferrule but i was able to continue using it just a tad shorter that never affected the action.

Any way it was still in my parents garage unused for 30 years or so as my current trout rod has a firm action great for long casting and fishing nymphs i was needing something a tad softer for fishing drys close to the bank so i decided to invest a wee bit in reconditioning which stan said was a easy job so i sent it off and am delighted with the rod for a very reasonable fee i should say :z16 :z16.

I will wait till next April before giving it a bash it is a 6 rod so mibees a DT Mallard should suit it fine it certainly still feels like it has plenty back bone and being a tad shorter should help.

I can still remember the 3 best browns i had on it so hopefully i can add another.

:z18 :z18

Sandy Nelson

Re: Old Fibalite dug out of the garage and reconditioned
« Reply #1 on: 30/08/2015 at 14:49 »
Nice job :z12

Great to see a classic reconditioned and ready to go and do what it was designed for :z16

Hope you get that brownie, or maybe a couple :z18

Sandy

Allan Liddle

« Reply #2 on: 03/09/2015 at 08:42 »
Looks a crackin job from the pics, still time to try it out on the dries before the season end rolls round again though......... :z16

« Reply #3 on: 04/09/2015 at 09:17 »
Looks a crackin job from the pics, still time to try it out on the dries before the season end rolls round again though......... :z16

Thanks
Aye am hoping to have another go at the Don browns before long as i keep buying nymphs from taimen   :z8 :z8 cant help ma self if they look good i will buy em  :z4 . Probably use the modern Rod tho  :cry :cry.

Still the odd decent brown rising early evening tho for those willing to put in the graft and wander around a bit looking for em   :z18 :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com