Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Re: Klonker of a Grayling!
« Reply #15 on: 30/08/2015 at 10:46 »
Unfortunatley its country wide and all species, just speak to some of the pike guys if you want a real insight into the problems. :z10

Sandy

Skyeman

« Reply #16 on: 30/08/2015 at 11:35 »
 Thats pretty sad really, but at least things have improved dramatically since central belt buses would head out on their plundering day trips!

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #17 on: 30/08/2015 at 15:41 »
Don't think that grayling came from a NE river,  :z8 easgach 1

rbreid

« Reply #18 on: 30/08/2015 at 16:05 »
Having worked as a water bailiff in the past I can speak from experience that fishmongers abound throughout these isles. Nets, poison, traps and sniggers are their tools of trade. Salmon, trout, seatrout are their targets but they care not about other species demise. Greed is their motivation. Information regarding fish concentrations is gleaned from catch returns posted on the internet. Loose talk costs fish.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #19 on: 30/08/2015 at 17:55 »

Skyeman

« Reply #20 on: 30/08/2015 at 20:31 »
Having worked as a water bailiff in the past I can speak from experience that fishmongers abound throughout these isles. Nets, poison, traps and sniggers are their tools of trade. Salmon, trout, seatrout are their targets but they care not about other species demise. Greed is their motivation. Information regarding fish concentrations is gleaned from catch returns posted on the internet. Loose talk costs fish.

I must have been a bit naive to think the Dee, Don and Deveron and the like got targeted like that! Not from the area, thats pretty off-putting that that type of crap goes on. 

indianajones

« Reply #21 on: 30/08/2015 at 20:39 »
Amazing fish! Fish of a lifetime right there.

Regards to the poaching problems... Pretty sure a syndicate water I used to be a member of near Edinburgh was netted. Used to be a  fantastic, hidden and productive hill loch that all of a sudden died a death. Pretty sure there are next to no fish in it now or at least there wasnt last time I was there.

These people are scum. Absolutely no need for it.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com