Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ross

Since the season...
« on: 03/10/2007 at 09:46 »
is drawing to a close (Trout already done), does anyone fancy a light rod salmon session up at Kintore? Sat maybe?

Re: Since the season...
« Reply #1 on: 03/10/2007 at 17:38 »
A nice idea but i have been left disgruntled with the conduct of fishers using spinners showing scant regard for flyfisher, especially on Kintore.  Has anyone else experienced people jumping in front of them at pools?

« Reply #2 on: 04/10/2007 at 10:24 »
Aye use spinner and my fly every time aye go to kintore.But never jump in front of people fishing  a pool its mostly people with the fly that jump in front of me.Cheers jamie

Ross

« Reply #3 on: 04/10/2007 at 14:33 »
Where you getting the permit from...and which area's are spinner?

« Reply #4 on: 05/10/2007 at 10:29 »
Sloans inveruire they will give u a permit think its 25 for the day or 10 just for the brown trout  cheers jamie

« Reply #5 on: 05/10/2007 at 19:25 »
I suppose we can discuss the finer points of fishing etiquette for hours but i know from personal experience the majority of pool jumpers are uneducated spin fishers.  i also get perturbed by the number of angler sitting static in a pool fishing the worm.  It states clearly on the permits that you have to continue through the pool.  This is also annoying when they are on the opposite bank and the spinner/worm is a trifle too close to my waders.

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 05/10/2007 at 23:48 »
Sadly fishing etiquette has diminshed markedly in recent years - especially more noticeable on rivers I've found  :cry

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com