Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

invictor

party of four visiting your area in november
« on: 01/10/2007 at 20:39 »
hi guys , ive been given the job of organizing this years weekender,and i was thinking of trying up your way.
four guys from the central belt who have heard wispers about the great fishing in the area,
i need two venues and a resonably priced hotel,any advice would be welcom. thanks in advance.   :z18

Peter McCallum

Re: party of four visiting your area in november
« Reply #1 on: 01/10/2007 at 20:51 »
Make sure one of the venues is Haddo. Your guaranteed a warm welcome and good fishing.

invictor

« Reply #2 on: 01/10/2007 at 20:54 »
thanks for the reply rabbit it certanly looks good going by the photies

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 01/10/2007 at 21:58 »
Hi Invictor

Welcome to the forum :cool:

Hotels can be tricky ...... cause we obviously don't tend to stay in the local ones :wink

What are you looking for, basic, medium, ***** stars, caravan etc?

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 02/10/2007 at 12:30 »
I would look for rural accomadation , Hotels in Aberdeen are at a premium in price and availability. I would enquire here about prices , its fairly central for any fishing venue in the area

http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/meldrum.html

Haddo would be my first choice , then take you pick , you'll get a good idea on most of the fisherey's from mike's web site.

:z18

Jim 

Kev Danby

« Reply #5 on: 02/10/2007 at 12:41 »
You might want to try the Strathburn Hotel in inverurie Dario's group seemed to have a good stay. Carriages in Insch is OK. Haddo is worth a chuck as it is Boat, pontoon or tube and makes a nice change from fishing from the Bank. I also quite like Artloch.

Dario

« Reply #6 on: 02/10/2007 at 16:55 »
Hi Invictor,
Kevlard, took the words out of my mouth, we have been to strathburn hotel, 2 years in a row, and we nothing but compliments, we always get treated very well. I agree we most people here, Haddo is a must, in your venues list.

Loch Insch, is the other favourite of our club. We have also tried Lochter and Midmar, with mixed views amongst the club members, but never the less nice fisheries.

tight lines

Dario

invictor

« Reply #7 on: 04/10/2007 at 16:38 »
firstly thanks everyone who answerd my request for information,

mike,a 3 star hotel would suit us fine. i take it mike that if haddow allows only 4 rods it would have to be pre-
booked,excellant web site by the way.

jedi, the meldrum arms looks our type of place i will give them a call.

kevlard&dario the meals look a bit pricey in these hostelries we have to keep our pennies for more important things than food/ :z18

i hope we do aswell as your club dario,its got to be haddow and loch insch.

thanks again

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com