Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

End of season Bargains
« on: 15/07/2015 at 16:56 »
HI there

As it is now the end of the season and i have made the decisions for 2016 i want to give the forum members the chance to get their hands on some very sweet rods that i have been experimenting with this past year.

So....

For sale are 3 of the Prototype rods from the 2015 project.  A 3wt, 4wt and 5wt all are built to roughly the same spec.

This one in the photo's is the 9ft 4pc 4wt blank finished in Olive green (as they all are), it has been built with a reversed wells cork grip, nickel and buckeye burl reel seat, 206 lined stripper guide and single leg snakes (not recoils) i whipped her in green and the finished rod is a very smooth casting medium fast action rod with fast recovery. Very much a modern incarnation of the Old Barrio Lightline series.
They are great fishing rods and are only for sale as i have decided to go with a matt finish blank for the 2016 rod. The rods are all very similar in action and suit the line weights they are specified for.

So i'm after £110 for each rod  including UK delivery, they all come with a cordura reel on rod tube and are all in, as new condition.

Contact me by PM or email if you are interested.

I also have a couple of the 5wt blanks left over and would be willing to do a special price on those either as blanks or kits, if anyone fancies a great value winter project :z16

Cheers

Sandy

Mike Barrio

Re: 9ft 4wt Carbon fly rod
« Reply #1 on: 15/07/2015 at 17:16 »
Very much a modern incarnation of the old Barrio Lightline series.

It must be pretty good then! :z4
Cheers
Mike

Sandy Nelson

Re: End of season Bargains
« Reply #2 on: 19/09/2015 at 09:00 »
Bump with revised prices and additional offers :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 22/09/2015 at 16:59 »
5wt rod is now Sold

Just 3wt and 4wt remaining  :z16

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 22/09/2015 at 18:06 »
These are very nice indeed :z16 ..... I'd love one, but I just haven't got any space for more #3 or #4 rods!

Andy Finlay

« Reply #5 on: 23/09/2015 at 13:06 »
These are very nice indeed :z16 ..... I'd love one, but I just haven't got any space for more #3 or #4 rods!

I'll let you know how the 5wt performs over the next few days  :cool:

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #6 on: 26/09/2015 at 19:18 »
Sandy I might be up for a winter project with a set of your Blanks , easgach 1

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: 02/12/2015 at 20:28 »
4 wt now SOLD

Still have the 3wt for anyone who fancies a smooth casting lightline 'fishing' rod

Thanks for looking

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com