Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Clint Parsons

Haddo Trout Fishery up to 29 June 2015
« on: 29/06/2015 at 13:14 »
Open Friday (bookings only), Saturday and Sunday up to 4hours fishing £15, up to 6 hours £17 and full day £19
Call / text 07799607600 or email haddotroutfishery@outlook.com , www.haddotroutfishery.co.uk                                 
Evening fishing available during the week (on request)

In still my early days of fishery ownership I have to say as an Angler I always thought wouldn't it be great to own my own place , I would stock it regular , do this do that...etc. . Once you own one let me tell you , you do all those things and when the fish don't want to play the game there is very little you can do. I don't know any fishery in the North East that doesn't get as frustrated as the Angler when the catches are low 

After not seeing a fish for sometime I thought I had to investigate , fish finder and go Pro charged I went about looking for all those fish that had eaten away my bank balance over the last few weeks/months . Moving about the lake with the electric motor to keep as quiet as possible I was surprised to find the fish shoaling in spots I wouldn't of thought of -middle of the lake instead of the edges eating the abundant food , not surprising was they are at the bottom no doubt feeding on the insect life (from not having a bitter winter insect life in the lake seems to be thriving - a little to much :cry )

Unfortunately all my adventure did was raise the question "okay so there is fish and plenty of them , why aren't they taking the fly?" to answer that I think I could be here forever but I think I am safe to say too much food makes them fussy, to counter this I will be stocking again today to encourage the "locals" to fight for their food and hopefully this will stir things up.

One who thoroughly enjoyed the snails in the lake was Mr O. TTER , and I have attached a cracking pic of him

We will be starting a Friday evening competition , only £10 to fish the evening from 6pm to 9 and winner that evening gets a selection of flies.

Please check out our new website remember booking and paying on there gives you 10% discount.
Reports will be back to normal from this week and pictures too!!!

Look forward to seeing you out at the fishery :z18

Marc Fauvet

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery up to 29 June 2015
« Reply #1 on: 29/06/2015 at 16:59 »
i've blown that image up to fill a 21" screen and for the life of me can't see no otter...  :z4
where is it ?!  :shock  :z4

cheers,
marc

Clint Parsons

« Reply #2 on: 29/06/2015 at 20:50 »
Apologies all I uploaded 2 photos and obviously did something wrong as the one with the otter never saved , will upload agin first thing tomorrow - thanks Marc for spotting my mistake  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 29/06/2015 at 21:41 »
There you go Clint, you had uploaded it :wink

Clint Parsons

« Reply #4 on: 30/06/2015 at 08:05 »
thanks Mike , added another one as well

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #5 on: 30/06/2015 at 08:15 »
ahaaa !   :z16
like we say here: " two Otters are better than One" !  :z4 :z4 :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 01/07/2015 at 09:58 »
Hi Clint,

Try pulling out some weed and studying what is living on it. You'll probably find that a number of small flies in size 14 and 16 will prove surprisingly productive.

Think Bibio, Pheasant Tail Nymph, Black Spider, Olive Spider, Crunchers and Hares Ear Nymphs in those sizes ..... you will probably find a lot of snails, corixa, alder nymphs and damsel nymphs about and possibly bloodworm. Real damsel nymphs are pretty small by the way, think size 14 again, you'll see them on the weed :wink

In my experience, the challenge of imitating the abundant food at Haddo was probably the top reason that most anglers enjoyed fishing the lake at this time of year.

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com