Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

One for the Spey casters
« on: 07/06/2015 at 10:02 »
One worth a short look, few issues in there but nevertheless some usual (ffs!) useful references for different casts during the 'summer'.

H :cool:

Marc Fauvet

Re: One for the Spey casters
« Reply #1 on: 07/06/2015 at 10:12 »
"Guys waving sticks in the air"....  :z4 :z4 :z4

Euan Innes

« Reply #2 on: 07/06/2015 at 12:22 »
On the Dee last Friday I had to do all of them because of the bloody wind and its many moods.
During the day I had it coming at both shoulders, from behind and at one point swirling. If you couldn't single spey off both shoulders, double spey, snake roll and snap-t you were going to hurt yourself with a tube fly.
Very demanding but very rewarding.  :z16
Now, any tips on how to manage lots of running line? I found this after I spent the day swearing  :z4 :z4 :z4

I don't know if I could spend more than 30 minutes in the guys company but the method seems good.

:z1

Marc Fauvet

Re: One for the Spey casters New
« Reply #3 on: 07/06/2015 at 13:17 »
I don't know if I could spend more than 30 minutes in the guys company but the method seems good.

definitely the kind of guy that needs to be regularly soaked in a fast run...

a few thoughts on his video-
as demonstrated by his poor line management and casting, there's still a lot of line being tugged by the current even with such a short amount of line and it doesn't shoot well...
much better to increase the number of coils as in this video. be sure to take note of the different-sized loops he creates-
big first, smaller as he adds on. this prevents the loops from tangling among themselves before and during the sweep and forward cast.

cheers,
marc

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #4 on: 07/06/2015 at 13:22 »
this method works well too !  :z4 :z4 :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 07/06/2015 at 13:58 »
Sod the line management.... transport me back to the '70s. I'd happily be 'lassoed' by Lynda Carter  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #6 on: 07/06/2015 at 15:21 »
 :z4 :z4 :z4

Colin Sunley

« Reply #7 on: 07/06/2015 at 15:30 »
An to think this was once the highlight of Saturday night entertainment
Is soo lame now  wow.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com