Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Gethin Jones

Most suitable Barrio lines
« on: 21/05/2015 at 14:09 »
Hi all, just signed up and am looking for some advice on  suitable Barrio lines.
I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't had pleasure of using a Barrio line yet.
I'm looking for  lines to go with my Scott S4 in 5&6wt and for the Scott radian also in 5 & 6wt my personal thoughts are that the Gt125 might suit the S4's and the GT90  might be a better  option for the Radians???
Experiences & opinions welcomed.
Cheers
Gethin

Mike Barrio

Re: Most suitable Barrio lines
« Reply #1 on: 21/05/2015 at 14:49 »
Hi Gethin ...... Welcome to the forum :z16

Can you tell us a bit about the fishing and tactics that you are using the rods for? This will help the forum members to offer you some useful feedback.

Best wishes
Mike

Gethin Jones

« Reply #2 on: 21/05/2015 at 16:07 »
Hi Mike, for the rods in question a lot of my fishing is done on lakes for wild Browns & Sea trout, the 5wts for dry fly & nymphing in calmer conditions and the 6wts for teams of three, longer leaders & windier days..my current lines that suit these rods are Rio gold (6wt) &  Snowbee prestige for the 5wts.
Regards
Gethin

Gethin Jones

« Reply #3 on: 21/05/2015 at 17:43 »
Just realised I should have started this thread in the tackle talk section :X1
Please feel free to move it Mods.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 21/05/2015 at 17:51 »
I could obviously reply to your question Gethin ...... but it will be better to see what advice the forum members offer you :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Colin Sunley

« Reply #5 on: 21/05/2015 at 19:34 »
I use the GT125  5#  on a Orvis Access it's perfect and have used is on my other rod an Airflow 5#
So would recommend  that line.

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #6 on: 22/05/2015 at 08:37 »
hi Gethin,
how far are you typically fishing ? long chucks from the bank or short drifts and stuff from a boat ?

Gethin Jones

« Reply #7 on: 22/05/2015 at 10:19 »
hi Gethin,
how far are you typically fishing ? long chucks from the bank or short drifts and stuff from a boat ?
Hi Marc, it's a mixture of both but it's mostly shorter stuff from a boat nowadays.
Regards
Gethin

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #8 on: 22/05/2015 at 10:40 »
ok, the SLX in 5&6 in olive would be my go-to lines. i'm sure you'll love them  :z16

Gethin Jones

« Reply #9 on: 22/05/2015 at 11:04 »
Thank you Marc.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com