Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Wanted: Stripping basket
« on: 15/05/2015 at 10:10 »
Anyone got a solid stripping basket sitting in the loft doing nowt? I am after one with the anti tangle cones but cannot justify £40-£70...well..I can, the missus won't!

Cheers

Rob Brownfield

Re: Wanted: Stripping basket
« Reply #2 on: 15/05/2015 at 12:55 »
Yip, seen that one a few hours ago..certainly worth considering :) Thank you.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 16/05/2015 at 17:22 »
Talking to a guy in the US fly fishing in the sea he had got a smallish oblong basin fitted it with a belt and he had put something like a prickly doormat in the bottom, he said it worked a treat, I am going out later this year and I will make one when I'm out there,
easgach 1

Lasse Karlsson

« Reply #4 on: 16/05/2015 at 22:51 »
www.linekurv.dk
Probably the best alternative out there  :z16

Cheers
Lasse

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #6 on: 17/05/2015 at 16:56 »
Yes that's roughly what the guy in The US had slightly different base though easgach 1

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 18/05/2015 at 01:37 »
Rob,

I use the Ikea effort and epoxied long golf tees to the base to reduce tangles, works a treat! The waist strap is an old bumbag fed through the sides that doubles up as a small waist pack.

:z18

Steven.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 18/05/2015 at 07:31 »
I was picking up every basket I could lay my hands on at the weekend :) Found a cracker in Millets, a collapsible "camping" basket, but by the time I buy it, add a strap, add the "pins" in the bottom it would work out about the same proce as a commercial version.

Apparently we have one of the IKEA stools at home...so I will look through the spare room and see if I can locate it. :)

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #9 on: 18/05/2015 at 10:59 »
Rob, if you decide to make your own i couldn't recommend this prong thing from Ikea more. it's the absolute best, much better than those short nubs found on commercial basket or zip-tie or whatever.
http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/diy-ikea-line-tray/pic.php?id=12813

i use it with my William Joseph retractable line basket. a perfect pair  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 18/05/2015 at 11:05 »
Rob, if you decide to make your own i couldn't recommend this prong thing from Ikea more. it's the absolute best, much better than those short nubs found on commercial basket or zip-tie or whatever.
http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/diy-ikea-line-tray/pic.php?id=12813

i use it with my William Joseph retractable line basket. a perfect pair  :z16

Many thanks...looks perfect!!!

Marc Fauvet

« Reply #11 on: 18/05/2015 at 11:10 »
an added bonus with those is, since i got 2 i also use them to clean lines in the double sink or for treating/lubing them later. not a single tangle after a 100 or so uses !  :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com