Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

I know many of you will not have heard of Harrisons, but they are one of the few truly British manufacturers and one if not the top carp and lure rod makers.

Unfortunately, they are crap at marketing and therefore few people realise that they do some gorgeous fly blanks as well (Lohric and Trebuchet) that really are very very good at a keen price.

Dr Steve Harrison is a fly angler himself and is producing some lovely new Salmon double handers.

Eddie Sinclair

Re: An insight into a blank manufactures philosophy
« Reply #1 on: 09/06/2015 at 09:58 »
Rob,

I have a number of Peregrine rods including a 15 foot salmon rod and all are on Harrison blanks, they are all quite old now but they were comparable to most things on the market at the time. I have not seen any of Harrisons recent offerings.

Eddie.

Rob Brownfield

Re: An insight into a blank manufactures philosophy
« Reply #2 on: 23/06/2015 at 07:43 »
Rob,

I have a number of Peregrine rods including a 15 foot salmon rod and all are on Harrison blanks, they are all quite old now but they were comparable to most things on the market at the time. I have not seen any of Harrisons recent offerings.

Eddie.

I liked the Peregrines.

The newer blanks, the Lohrics, are really rather good. Very light, very responsive and with plenty of feel. There are a few custom builders using them and getting good reviews too.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com