Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

The weekend and the beginning of the week saw settled weather with temperatures well above seasonal average. A gentle breeze replaced the previous windy conditions and these factors combined to produce great fishing conditions with good catches recorded. Most success was achieved from the use of buzzers although lures and nymphs still accounted for some fish. The best recorded catches fell to; H Murray, Gardenstown (several visits), 27 fish, (black fritz), J West, Fraserburgh, 17 fish, (buzzers, nymphs), I Burnett, Fraserburgh, 12 fish, (black buzzers), B Wiseman, Fraserburgh, 12 fish, (green buzzers), B Clark, Wales, 12 fish, (buzzers), A Gibson, Gardenstown, 12 fish, (WSW), I Watt, Turriff, 11 fish, (Claret buzzers), G Moir, Cothal, 10 fish, (buzzers), K Reid, Gardenstown, 8 fish, (emergers), N Thomson, Turriff, 8 fish, (buzzers), S Griffith, Fordyce, 8 fish, (blood worm, white fritz).
The weather has become more seasonable towards the weekend although the forecast suggest a return to milder conditions from mid week.
Delgatie Castle Trout Fishery is open seven days from 8am til 8pm and visitors and novices are always welcome. Booking is not necessary and boats (whre required) rods and tackle is available for hire at the fishery.
On a rather more unpleasant note, the fishery hut was broken into on Friday night (10/4/15) and a large quantity of fishing tackle was stolen including rods, reels and bags together with the entire tackle stock. We would be obliged if anyone having any information or being offered such goods could contact Bob on 07980 999 006 or their nearest police station.
For up to date information phone Bob on 07980 999 006. :z15

Mike Barrio

Re: Delgatie Castle Trout Fishery report w/e 11/4/15
« Reply #1 on: 13/04/2015 at 08:59 »
I'm very sorry to hear about the theft :mad

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

Re: Delgatie Castle Trout Fishery report w/e 11/4/15
« Reply #2 on: 13/04/2015 at 09:12 »
Can you put up details of the gear stolen so we can keep an eye open? Very often comes up on ebay or at places like Cash Convertors.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com