Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Bill Wood

Lochter 19th March
« on: 20/03/2015 at 14:24 »
First of all I am surprised that there are very few reports for Lochter. I like the reports  for Delgatie where you could go armed with the flies that have been catching recently(no promise that they will catch on the day)

I spent 4 hours (9-1) at the Muckle Trout pond yesterday for one fish. I tried the following :
Pink snake on the bottom  Not even a nibble even though this is one of my favourites for first  thing

Changed to a PTN and white nymph  - One nibble

Changed again to a chamois bloodworm on point and a red beaded marabou worm on the dropper under an indicator   One fish on the red worm.

Put on a traffic light buzzer and OK Dokey for last half hour - nowt

Out of 6 people fishing this pond only one other fish was caught on a black/green lure before the moved to the other ponds but I don't know how they faired their

Hamish Young

Re: Lochter 19th March
« Reply #1 on: 22/03/2015 at 08:33 »
First of all I am surprised that there are very few reports for Lochter.

An interesting point Bill, a lot of the other fisheries post here 'themselves' but for whatever reason Lochter do no (despite it being a free resource to them) so it falls to reports such as yours to keep everyone up to speed on how it's fishing  :cool:

Bill Wood

« Reply #2 on: 23/03/2015 at 13:45 »
Aye Hamish, Might have a word at Lochter when I am out this week
Bill

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 23/03/2015 at 19:25 »
Hi Bill :z16

I think you'll find there just hasn't been anything posted this month, reports from Lochter are usually posted on a very regular basis and you'll see this as you work your way back through the pages :wink

Looks like you had a quiet day, not necessarily anything that you did right or wrong, the fish just go off feeding sometimes.

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com